mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

19" Bush tv dvd combi

· 
Posted: 03.07.2016  ·  #1
Has any body had any trouble from this tv?

I had one in my MH for 4 months and it stopped working, took it back to Argos and got a new one under warranty,
2 years later the replacement has stopped, no red light coming on, googled it and did the usual hold the button for 30 seconds but nothing,,

I'm actually really happy with the to when it does work as it's got a crystal clear HD picture and a good viewing angle, oh and it's 12v aswell,

Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Autoroller 746
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato X290
Subject:

Re: 19" Bush tv dvd combi

· 
Posted: 03.07.2016  ·  #2
My DVD combo failed after 13 months (1 month outside the warranty) - almost as if a timer was set >_<

Argos advised me that if I had the set independently inspected and it was proven to be a manufacturing defect, they would "look into" a pro rata refund.

The TV went to the dump and I bought a Linsar 24" (out of the same factory in Turkey) but Linsar provide a 5 year guarantee and it is a better specification set.

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.07.2016  ·  #3
Thanks for that Allan, must research the Linsar :up:

Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Autoroller 746
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato X290
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.07.2016  ·  #4
The Linsar isn't 12 volt :( but we only use it on hook up...

John Lewis stock Linsar (so they are a reputable brand).

Chevy g20
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.07.2016  ·  #5
Walker is a similar company for ireland, same factory in Turkey. With only two year guarantee

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.07.2016  ·  #6
Got the 12V Walker, very similar to Bush, as in back cover, connections, power lead, menu on tv is very similar, even the red light is in same place on front,

Hopefully it lasts a bit longer than the bush,

I figured it was my fault the Bush stopped working, so no fault of the Bush this time,
An expensive lesson learned,.........only use the power lead that came with the Tv and not your mate that has dropped in for a coffee saying my lead will work that off 12V for you,
Technicana and Bush 12V plugs have different configuration on the pins :(

hulio
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Bailey 740
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.07.2016  ·  #7
I have the 12v 24 inch walker tv and I cannot fault it

Pablo
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.07.2016  ·  #8
Our van came with a 240v DVD combi thing that was awful. This was being fed by a Saorview box which used a 12v power supply all plugged into the inverter. 🇧🇭 Needless to say we never used it unless on hook up and eventually last winter we "invested" in a cheap 19" 12v thing with built in Saorview. It works fine, but I did insist on fitting a 12volt regulator/stabiliser between the TV and the raw unregulated supply.

Using a 12v TV with an unregulated supply can lead to shortened life of the TV. This makes sense as the voltage can vary hugely depending on whether you are charging/on EHU (14.5v) or low on battery (10.5v) etc. Thats quite a variation. Some models will have a regulator built in but for our model (TVStar) i emailed the manufacturer and they informed me that it did not have one and recommended an external one be used for motorhome usage.

So, in short if going 12v route, check whether the model has in built 12v regulator and if not then buy one on amazon for a few quid

EDIT: Anyone looking for a small cheap decent TV with Saorview/Freeview built in I would recommend this: http://www.freetv.ie/19-inch-led-tv.html ... And don't forget a cheap 12v regulator .. :)

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.