Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Roller Team
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

Clonea Strand

· 
Posted: 01.06.2016  ·  #1
Hi,

I saw in a previous topic that the hotel in Clonea Strand does not like motor homes - is this still the case. More importantly, there is a field beside the hotel which seems to be accessible to cars and campers etc. Is it possible to park a motorhome in this field or anywhere else around there? Finally, is there a height restriction in the car park on the left going towards Clonea Strand? Thanks

Elmo
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Chausson Flash 05 called "Wally"
Base Vehicle: 2007 Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

Re: Clonea Strand

· 
Posted: 01.06.2016  ·  #2
We were in Caseys for the May bank Holiday and the carpark at the hotel has a barrier with an access code on it. There is a car park behind the shop on the other side of the road and i think it is owned by Gordons Shop. Im not sure what the situation with parking is there. I think it ma be possible but there is a charge. I dont remember seeing any height barrier on either car park.

zacky emly
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: 2006 autocruise pioneer tasman (betty)
Base Vehicle: 2.2 peugeot boxer
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.06.2016  ·  #3
there last weekend,car park at hotel has barrier,carpark at shop 4 euro for day but no motorhomes????field between sea and caseys car park 5 euro a day and i saw mh in there near gate so ,hope thats some help danduffymallow :D

danduffymallow
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.06.2016  ·  #4
Zacky, do you think it is possible for a motor home to stay there overnight or for couple of nights? Dont want to stay in the actual caravan site as will have a few kids so there is obviously the expense of it, plus the fact that I didnt find the site very friendly a couple of years ago when we were last there.

Hymer Cork
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B514SL
Base Vehicle: 2007 Fiat Ducati 2.3 130 ps
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.06.2016  ·  #5
Hi

There is a height Barrier in the public car park on the left before Casey's Caravan Park and motorhomes do park behind the shop at Gordons for €4 per day only no overnighting sign at entrance..we have stayed in Casey's several times and never seen any motorhomes overnight around Clonea Pity as it's a lovely spot.

In Dungarvan itself sort drive only 4/5 km there is a few places to overnight no problem.

mrw
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.06.2016  ·  #6
You see no overnight MHs at Clonea because the Campsite owners in the locality are vehemently opposed to any MH parking other than in their sites. They lead an attempt a few years ago the get the Local Authority to ban MH parking at the Lookout in Dungarvan. Luckily Phoenix MotorHome Club reps were able to persuade the LA otherwise.

Dungarvan has great potential for a proper Aire like Cobh. Hopefully the LA will see sense some day.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.06.2016  ·  #7
The Aire in Ardmore is not too far away and very child friendly ( € 10 P/N )

danduffymallow
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.06.2016  ·  #8
Hi Dave. Yea went to the Aire in Ardmore and it is excellent for what it does (water/waste etc) - loved it. Has anyone been to the one in Sneem? Wandering what there is to do down there for family with 2 kids

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.06.2016  ·  #9
danduffymallow
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.06.2016  ·  #10
Thank you for review - looks good, want to bring down the kids (11 & 8) and wandering if there are good things to do for them down there.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.