Newgrange Lodge

Jeidi
Subject:

Newgrange Lodge

· 
Posted: 18.03.2016  ·  #1
Hi there,
Has anyone stayed in Newgrange Lodge in their camper? We have it booked for two nights next weekend....three campers... 2 adults + 2 kids each.
Was just looking up reviews and apparently the pitches are right in front of the building and not the best in general - space wise and noise wise. Interested to hear if anyone has been there recently.
Thanks!

Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B598 PL
Base Vehicle: Fiat 130 hp multijet
Subject:

Re: Newgrange Lodge

· 
Posted: 18.03.2016  ·  #2
Yes we stayed two nights last week. It is the car park at the front. The EHU is to the right as you look at the building. Slightly sloping so ramps needed. Water available but no grey or black disposal at present although they hope to add it at some point.

We found it to be fairly quiet but that was a midweek low season time. The lodge and road might be busier over Easter? The only noise I noticed was that a few guests left for work around 7am.

The receptionist (an Aussie) was friendly and helpful. She offered us the use of the lounge and there was good free wifi there. It is only a couple of hundred metres to the Newgrange visitor centre which does good cafe food.

Davy

roadrunner
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: self build from library bus
Base Vehicle: iveco 59 e 12 2.8 turbo iris bus
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.03.2016  ·  #3
I love newgrange or i did before the new centre was added which is ok but for the cafe with rip of prices for low grade food,just my opinion.

Jeidi
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.03.2016  ·  #4
Thanks for the reply.
Is there enough room for a few chairs to sit out etc?
We have been told we cant use any facilities inside the building as it is block booked for the weekend.

Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B598 PL
Base Vehicle: Fiat 130 hp multijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.03.2016  ·  #5
You have to be aware that it is not a caravan site. It is more of a pay Aire. You are parking in the car park and it is good for a secure overnight stop. It is not really a destination. It's value is in being a base to visit the boyne valley and surrounds by day, returning in the evening.

There is the camping field beside it which might be a better spot to sit out assuming the weather is reasonable and if you have kids who need to run about.

I would be inclined to drive down to the Battle of the Boyne centre which is only a couple of miles down the road. Good for parking, clean toilets, nice grounds with lots of open grassy space and a couple of walks totalling 4km. You can then retire to the lodge for the night.

Davy

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.