Handpresso anyone?

Subject:

Handpresso anyone?

· 
Posted: 17.02.2016  ·  #1
We are finding ourselves have hookup even less often than before and the nespresso machine in the van is getting little use.

I have looked at these before but never bothered buying.

Has anyone any experience of this model?
http://www.handpresso.com/en/e…esso-auto/

drifter
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Hobby 690GFS
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD on an AL-KO chassis
Subject:

Re: Handpresso anyone?

· 
Posted: 17.02.2016  ·  #2
Interesting product ...

for a review

Helgahobby
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.02.2016  ·  #3
It looks like it only makes one expresso at a time, with a reservoir of 55ml. Wouldn't do for me.

Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.02.2016  ·  #4
That is one of the reasons I gave it a miss in the past.
I have searched for a quality 12 volt coffee maker and this seems to be the one.

The espressgo is much the same and a similar price.

StephenC
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Vanderlust Van Conversion
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato X290 LWB 130
Subject:

Aeropress

· 
Posted: 18.02.2016  ·  #5
Have you had a look at the aeropress?
https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t…9kmVKXugSQ
I got myself one of these and find it brilliant, it makes a great cup of coffee and the best thing about it is how easy it is to clean. Just pop out the puck and wipe the end which means no grinds getting in the grey tank to make it stink.

I got a java jug to go with mine.
http://www.aeropress.com/product/javajug-javajacket/
It's basically just a jug to allow you to make more coffee but it's designed to store the aeropress and all its bits locked inside when your on the move so saves a bit of space.
Also as it's metal you can put it on the stove to keep the coffee warm.

The added bonus of the Aeropress is that it doesn't new any electricity so you always have your coffee.

Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.02.2016  ·  #6
I have looked at it but I am trying to keep away from any coffee grounds in the van.
Looks like I might have to back track on that. LOL

StephenC
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Vanderlust Van Conversion
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato X290 LWB 130
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.02.2016  ·  #7
I know what your getting at, I wanted to steer clear of a French press or stove top style because of how messy they are and the inevitability of the grounds getting in to the waste tank.
I didn't want to go the Nespresso route due to the cost of a decent unit and the cost of pods not to mention the electrical load. Plus I don't really like the coffee from them, I always find it too cold.

Cleaning wise for the Aeropress you just eject the puck into the bin/compost and wipe the end of the plunger with a paper towel which also goes in the bin. You don't have to put it near the sink as the plunger cleans the sides as it squeezes out the coffee.

Check out from 2mins 40 in this clip for a demo, ignoring the fact that he dumps the ground on the ground :'(

I got mine from the crowd who do the java jug on my previous post it actually worked out cheaper from them with customs than getting it in UK or Ireland

hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam t-line 740
Base Vehicle: Fiat muiltijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.02.2016  ·  #8
That is a total waste of money why would you spend £158 on something that takes 3 mins to make a cup of coffee cheaper to drink the water and better for you

Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.02.2016  ·  #9
Quote by hillton9

That is a total waste of money why would you spend £158 on something that takes 3 mins to make a cup of coffee cheaper to drink the water and better for you

So that will be a no to my original question. LOL

Carnsoreboxer
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.02.2016  ·  #10
Mark I'm a total coffee addict and have every imaginable coffee gadget in the house, except a nespresso. I like my coffee very strong and pods just work out too expensive. Your 12v gadget wouldn't appeal to me at that price but I love my aeropress, find it clean, handy and makes great coffee

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.