hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam t-line 740
Base Vehicle: Fiat muiltijet
Subject:

Tools

· 
Posted: 07.02.2016  ·  #1
What tools do you carry in your van I think I go over board , I have jumpleads a set of spanners a socket set a box of all size of fuses mini cordless drill , bulbs cable ties duck tape insulation tape screws nuts bolts connectors pliers screwdrivers wire trimmers different types of wire cable a few relays and I'm sure I have forgot a few things wd 40 contact cleaner =)

Helgahobby
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Tools

· 
Posted: 07.02.2016  ·  #2
Mine is a minimal toolbox. Fuses, socket set, shifting spanner, hammer, plies, and they all fit into a wee toolbox. And tenth tapes, jump leads, go somewhere else.

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.02.2016  ·  #3
Quote by hillton9

What tools do you carry in your van I think I go over board , I have jumpleads a set of spanners a socket set a box of all size of fuses mini cordless drill , bulbs cable ties duck tape insulation tape screws nuts bolts connectors pliers screwdrivers wire trimmers different types of wire cable a few relays and I'm sure I have forgot a few things wd 40 contact cleaner =)

I carry something similar to yourself Robert. Usually when I have it I don't need it.

heanorboy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Wildax Europa
Base Vehicle: 2015 Renault Master
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.02.2016  ·  #4
Quote by CHAUSSON

Quote by hillton9

I carry something similar to yourself Robert. Usually when I have it I don't need it.

I also carry loads but I never thought about a mini cordless drill, but of course got me looking and found two great deals in B & Q

http://www.diy.com/search/resu…ageSize=12

7.2 v drill and tiny 3.6 screwdriver for £15 each I recon that is a great deal but then again I am always a sucker for power tools

So I bought the screwdriver and will get a set of small set of 1/4 drive bits for it
Maybe the drill ?

David

R&N
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Burstner Lyseo 700 TD Auto
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.02.2016  ·  #5
First few times away tool bag size of a small neat canvas shoulder bag, then I saw a great big fishing bag in bargain section of Lidl/Aldi, I can't pass something reduced even if I don't need it, might come in useful...now the main tool bag. First time away in latest MH, with TV and satellite dish, never had that before, blew a fuse, didn't know where located,had had to ring Thompsons.we didn't have a spare fuse but caravan next to us kindly gave us one and when he was out in his car he brought us back a few more. He was having problem with his pump and my husband was able to help him.
Duck tape very handy when we rubbed against one of those knobbly plane trees in France and made a hole, it kept the rain out till he did a very neat repair on it back home.

Hessy Hymer
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: 1992 Hymer B534
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.5TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.02.2016  ·  #6
I carry a tool kit not unlike the posts above but a dremmel in place for the drill and one of those electric tyre pumps. The huge storage areas underneath the front seats is perfect for tools, steel toecaps and boiler suit.

digger58
My Motorhome: Rapido 773F
Base Vehicle: Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.10.2016  ·  #7
Full tool kit, sockets, spanners screwdrivers, hacksaw, multi meter, and of course hammer and vicegrips +box of nuts bolts clips selftappers etc, just insurance really gong on the theory that if you have them you won't need them

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.10.2016  ·  #8
Quote by digger58

Full tool kit, sockets, spanners screwdrivers, hacksaw, multi meter, and of course hammer and vicegrips +box of nuts bolts clips selftappers etc, just insurance really gong on the theory that if you have them you won't need them

I would add Duct tape, jublee clips, cable ties and small ratchet straps to that list. :up:

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.10.2016  ·  #9
Quote by CHAUSSON

I would add Duct tape, jublee clips, cable ties and small ratchet straps to that list. :up:

:o

That's a different sort of fixing !

:lol:

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.10.2016  ·  #10
:hello: :whistle:
Quote by Douzeper

Quote by CHAUSSON

That's a different sort of fixing !

I suppose so, looking at it through your eyes, Ally. :D

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.10.2016  ·  #11

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.10.2016  ·  #12
I have a small tool box with a few bit and bobs in it. My most important 'tool' is my mobile phone to call out Roadside Assistance.
On the few times I called it fixed my problem, it even worked half way down Italy when I got a puncture and changing the wheel was more than I could do with my bad back.

presstout1
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 896f
Base Vehicle: Fait Ducato 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.10.2016  ·  #13
What about sky hooks.
Does nobody carry sky hooks? :o

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.10.2016  ·  #14
Quote by baguette

I have a small tool box with a few bit and bobs in it. My most important 'tool' is my mobile phone to call out Roadside Assistance.
On the few times I called it fixed my problem, it even worked half way down Italy when I got a puncture and changing the wheel was more than I could do with my bad back.

I agree Colin, and carrying large amount if heavy tools eat up payload capacity, but a few small tools and repair supplies can be useful.

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: EuraMobil
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.12.2017  ·  #15
I carry a full tool box, better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. I have needed it over the years, taking an alternator apart, brake drums off, replacing fan belt, replacing a water pump etc. I also carry a heavy duty axle stand just in case, don’t want 4500kg dropping on my head.

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam Auto Roller
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.0 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.12.2017  ·  #16
You can never have too many tools, specially when driving around a 20 year old vehicle. Specially if you're living in it for X amount of days and can screw up your vacations.

I bought a nice tool kit in halfords which has a little bit of everything and comes in a nice case: This one to be precise.

I also carry, duck tape, zip ties, asorted wood screws nuts and bolts, a pack of JB Weld, WD40, lenghts of cable, asorted fuses, tyre repair kit, small 12v pump, jump leads and probably a few bits and pieces that I'm forgetting at the moment.

Also, 1L bottle of: engine oil, power steering fluid and brake fluid.

My insurance assistance number saved in the phones and written down in two different places.

Cheers,
Rami

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.