Reichs Trend S tap - microswitch

Pengar
My Motorhome: Burstner nexxo t740
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.3
Subject:

Reichs Trend S tap - microswitch

· 
Posted: 29.11.2015  ·  #1
Just completed switch replacement, and while ultimately successful, the following might be of use to someone, someday:

1. It is usually possible to exchange switch only - very cheap compared to changing the tap! About £10/E15 from Donaghys - next day delivery. Cost of complete tap is about £100/E140, I think.

2. Full diagram and instructions are available here (scroll to bottom of page) -
https://www.leisureshopdirect….pare-parts

3. Tiny jewellers type Phillips and tiny "star" (Torx?) driver are required - make sure you source these before beginning.

4. It might be helpful to take pics on phone at various stages, to assist with reassembly!

5. I cut wires for switch above tap, leaving about 12in below, still attached to loom. When new switch is inserted there is now enough cable to allow joint to be made at low level - much easier than working blind up below taps!

6. When I reassembled everything, it leaked like a seive ! It transpired that "3-way "O" seal behind cartridge had moved - I filled groove with Vaseline and refitted.

Provided you have the necessary bits - above should only take about 2 hrs....... and in reality, I spent more time worrying about it than actually repairing it!

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Re: Reichs Trend S tap - microswitch

· 
Posted: 29.11.2015  ·  #2
:up:

Moving this to "tips and guides"

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.