Adriasonic
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Adria Matrix Supreme
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.2
Subject:

Tralee weekend

· 
Posted: 23.08.2012  ·  #1
Just back from a week in Tralee (Rose of Tralee weekend) what a week. Free street entertainment from Friday to Wednesday am, with 3 band stages till the early hours each day and a fireworks display on Saturday and Tuesday nights, air display, parades and continental food stalls etc.
Has anyone else been there previously? I would recommend it for a great weekend of craic. :up:
We stayed at the Woodland Caravan Park in the town just behind the Carlton Hotel which is very convenient to town centre, less than 10 minutes walk. The site is a well maintained site with no extra charge for that weekend but you need to arrive by the Thursday to be sure to get a pitch.
Booked again for next year :-)

Subject:

Re: Tralee weekend

· 
Posted: 23.08.2012  ·  #2
Good info there.

This is just the type of post which we need more of. We have thought of going to this festival a few times but have always had something else on.
It is great to read about site nearby too.

More of the same from as many as possible please.
Thank you for that.

barney147
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.08.2012  ·  #3
Woodlands caravan park tralee a super site for rose of tralee, stayed there at start of july for ICCC family week which was also excellent so close to town and with family attractions nearby inc. cinema, waterpark, blennerville windmill etc.would highly recommend it.

:up: :up: :up: :up:

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.08.2012  ·  #4
The woodland does an off season (throughout the winter) special for motorhomes of €15 per night all in inc. EHU. I'm not sure of the start/finish dates for the offer.
Over the winter when the site is 'closed' the disabled toilet is left in use 24/7 for all due to the main block being closed and drained down for frost protection.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.