Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Motorhome Wifi from MHC

· 
Posted: 07.11.2016  ·  #1
Can supply this kit for £120, would anyone be interested?

Outdoor USB with 5dBi Antenna to connect to an internal WiFi router to create your own mini hotspot to enable the sharing of one connection with multiple wifi enabled devices e.g. mobile phones, tablets, games consoles, media streamers and TVs etc.

Overview

When the campsite offers WiFi but your ‘van is right at the other end of the site you may need something to help you get a better signal, this perfect for this. The antenna will receive the campsite WiFi signal and terminate this inside your ‘van with a USB connector which you plug straight into your laptop. Many campers are not bothering to take laptops on holiday anymore preferring the simplicity of an iPad or just using their smart-phones to keep in touch with social networking or to find local attractions. These ‘smart’ devices rarely have a USB port and this is where the USB repeatercomes in. The USB plug from the USB antenna is plugged into the WiFi repeater which then creates a mini hotspot in your ‘van allowing you to connect your iPad, Smartphone, notebook, laptop or handheld games console to the campsite WiFi.

By using this kit you may even be able to use free WiFi hotspots some distance away, making this kit ideal for use with the BT Fon service.

This full kit comprises of:

WL-Antenna-USB including 5dB antenna
2 x Cable Ties
5m USB Lead
Waterproof tape

WL-USBWIFIRPT-with 5dB antenna
Power supply with UK/EU adapters
50cm Flat Ethernet Cable

WL-ANTENNA-MNT - mounting bracket
SUCTIONCUPKIT-47 - suction cups x 2
NET-WLMNT-30MMCLIP - 30mm Jubilee Clip
MNT-U32M6 - U-Bolt
MNT-U32-SADDLE - U-Bolt saddle
Car Lighter Adapter

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Motorhome Wifi from MHC

· 
Posted: 07.11.2016  ·  #2
Useful bit if kit, works really well.
Big difference in weak wifi areas, use mine a lot.

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.11.2016  ·  #3
Quote by JJF

Useful bit if kit, works really well.
Big difference in weak wifi areas, use mine a lot.

Used one for a few years now, albeit slightly different. Used to sell them before but a lot of people had difficulty using them with setting up the router etc. I always found it easy used but was used to that sort of device.

presstout1
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 896f
Base Vehicle: Fait Ducato 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.11.2016  ·  #4
Does it mean drilling a hole for cables, or just bring it in through window/roof vent temporarily?
Are there many wifI hotpots around the country & do you need a BT account to access them?

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.11.2016  ·  #5
Quote by presstout1

Does it mean drilling a hole for cables, or just bring it in through window/roof vent temporarily?
Are there many wifI hotpots around the country & do you need a BT account to access them?

Cable just goes out through the window when you are parked up.

Loads of hotspots in NI, not so many in ROI I believe. Unless you use a lot of campsites you would be better off with a MiFi. If you are with BT you can use their spots and FON spots, if you are not with BT then you can buy a FON router, attach it to your existing router and use all the BT & FON spots.

https://fon.com/

augharan
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Bailey Approach 745
Base Vehicle: Peugeot Boxer Euro 5 2.2 Hdi 130 bhp
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.11.2016  ·  #6
I have the Falcon version of this. RangeMaster Long Range WiFi antenna and router.
Works very well, can get BT Fon most places I go.
My first one was from Adam and sophie at motorhomewifi but after a night of thunder and lighting at Portrush it stopped working.
After emailing them they said the weather should not have damaged it, but send it back to have it checked out.
Returned it and Sophie replied confirming it was damaged, but couldn't replace it as it was 2 months past the years warranty.
I then asked if I could get a discount on the new one but the reply was NO.
Not happy I said that I would post my experience on every motorhome website I could find.
15 min after sending the email Adam phoned with a £30 discount on the new iBoost Pro D8 Directional System.
Tried it for 3 weekends but did not like it, maybe I just couldn't work it, so it went back for a full refund.
I didn't want to bother them again asking for a different one so the reason I now have the Falcon.

£120 is a very good price Ally. Don't leave it up in thunder and lighting !!!!

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.