Paid up member.
Homepage: thespaceplace.info
My Motorhome: Thor Axis on LPG.
Base Vehicle: Ford E350 v10.
Subject:

Back from La France.......

· 
Posted: 14.08.2012  ·  #1
Hi all, back from France last Sat. 3 sites, 1200 miles, a couple of misshaps and lots of good memouries :D The sites were 1) Les Eaux in Normandy, beutiful site, part of the Castels group, nice bar, good pool, weather not great. 2) Camping Le Littoral,part of the Yelloh group, big site (too big for us), fantastic bar/restaurant at a reasonble price, great entertainment, direct beach access, 10 mins. from Sables D"Ollone, great cycle tracks, fantastic weather. 3) Camping Vallee des Vignes, English owned , very picturesque, nice pool/bar, restaurant average, about 30 mins. to Saumur and its chateau, lots of good/reasonable wine, nice walks, good weather. :up: Now, we travelled with Celtic link who, it must be said , have a pretty basic boat, it"s exactly the same as the Belfast/Liverpool ferry. This doesn"t matter when it"s a night crossing and all you need is a cabin and some "kip", however, we had to change the day of our return and , despite being told, "yes you"ll get a cabin, there"s always some available", we ended up on the floor and having a 4 hour drive the next day was no fun!! :devil: Now, the only reason we changed was because our son knocked himself unconsious (he still doesn"t remember how, tho" he was on his bike!) and we were told to stay put for 48 hours. If only they said no cabins then we"d have waited longer. Anyway, if anyone is thinking of taking their Motorhome to France then, I would say, what"s holding you back ? The weather"s good, the roads are great and the wine is cheap :D If I"d realised Mark was there we could "ve met up, maybe next time and we"ll have a mini Craic rally ! :D

Subject:

Re: Back from La France.......

· 
Posted: 14.08.2012  ·  #2
Good to hear you had a good trip Paul.

When are back to work? I will call up for a chat if it suits you.

PaulH
Paid up member.
Homepage: thespaceplace.info
My Motorhome: Thor Axis on LPG.
Base Vehicle: Ford E350 v10.
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.08.2012  ·  #3
Back as of yesterday mate, sure call in and I"ll get the kettle on :up:

Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.08.2012  ·  #4
Will do. Thanks!

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.