Paid up member.
Homepage: thespaceplace.info
My Motorhome: Thor Axis on LPG.
Base Vehicle: Ford E350 v10.
Subject:

Celtic Ferries.

· 
Posted: 21.03.2012  ·  #1
Hi all, just asking , has anyone used Celtic Ferries to France.? Just booked for July 9m +4 and it was half the price of Irish or Brittany ferries. I know it"s not a "cruise ferry" but we"ll be asleep (I hope !) most of the crossing, but its about £1000 saving compared to the other two ! :happy: We"ve usally gone Belfast l"pool and then Portsmouth Cean and visited family in England en route but the costs are just too painful on the Belfast/Liverpool route. :(

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

Re: Celtic Ferries.

· 
Posted: 21.03.2012  ·  #2
Quote by PaulH

Hi all, just asking , has anyone used Celtic Ferries to France.? Just booked for July 9m +4 and it was half the price of Irish or Brittany ferries. I know it"s not a "cruise ferry" but we"ll be asleep (I hope !) most of the crossing, but its about £1000 saving compared to the other two ! :happy: We"ve usally gone Belfast l"pool and then Portsmouth Cean and visited family in England en route but the costs are just too painful on the Belfast/Liverpool route. :(

There are 41 motorhomes booked with them for Easter from our club alone, we decided Roscommon wasn't worth the hassle so we are contributing our many thousands of Euro's to the French economy. :D
It's supposed to be an excellent ship which 'does what is says on the tin'.

irishrver
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.03.2012  ·  #3
I was on it last week ( motrobike ) and have to say it was very good plenty of room on the car decks every car/van/motorhome etc did a u turn to exit but the ship was nearly empty cabins were very clean food was good self service so you can take as much or as little as you like but only open for a short while so you have to eat at meal times there is a shop on board but very little in it full bar utill about 11.30 at night as for the kids nothig execpt a cinema which was closed and a little tiles play slide in its own play area so bring onboard snacks and games etc for the kids there is wifi at e5 an hour also a couple of computers near reception as for cabins there is a deposit required for the key or leave your own keys there full irish is e13 mini irish e7.90 continential breakfast e4.90 dinner and lunch costs are 2 courses for e13.50 3 courses e16.50 kids menu e8.90 for 1/2 portion adults meal or chicken nuggets and chips + dessert as for adult meals lunch was
Mushroom soup
cavery joint of the day ( leg of pork )
roasted leg of lamb
cajun fried chicken
roasted beef with red wine gravy
cod in batter
vegertarian goulash
dinner is similar there is also salads rice chips potatoes whole and mashed

soft drinks and water are e2.50 a bottle
wine 1/4 bottle e4.50
pints e4.20 -4.60
spirits ee4.20-5.30
there are also a few vending machines on board for sweets and soft drinks

for those of you who want to plug in the motor home the only points I saw were I think 3 phase the red plugs and sockets

so would I use it again ? Yes for the price you can not fault it clean tidy comfortable just bring on board what you want

Bronagh
Benny Hill Wannabe
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.03.2012  ·  #4
Many thanks for that review! We won't be going until next year I reckon but you have sold me on it anyhow!!! :up:

PaulH
Paid up member.
Homepage: thespaceplace.info
My Motorhome: Thor Axis on LPG.
Base Vehicle: Ford E350 v10.
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.03.2012  ·  #5
Thanks Irishrver, sounds very like the Liverpool/ Belfast boat, at the end the day, we hope to sleep through most of it! :sleep: I like the idea of turning round on board as we will have the "towed" behind us and reversing is a no no..!! :'(

Ramorehead
Subject:

Celtic Line

· 
Posted: 17.07.2012  ·  #6
Used this boat in June, it is identical to the Belfast/Liverpool boat. As you say not a cruise liner but adequate for the journey.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.