Cranfield Co Down

motorhome parking

nipper
Screwed
Subject:

Cranfield Co Down

· 
Posted: 06.07.2012  ·  #1
Just returned from a few days touring in County Down from Newcastle round to Warrenpoint. When we arrived in Cranfield we were quite amazed they’ve managed to take the only 'non height’ restricted parking place away & put a road with a barrier on it down to the beach. There are only approx. 5 places a motorhome could actually stop on the Ameracam Lane, probably less if car drivers hog them first, even though there’s a huge car park (with height barrier) on the other side of the road. It really looks like the caravan site owners have managed to close this down completely, I mean why should a motorhome sit at the other site of their site fence for free?

me wonders why I have to tax the motorhome each year 🇧🇭

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Re: Cranfield Co Down

· 
Posted: 06.07.2012  ·  #2
Ridiculous. Another area to boycott. If they don't want us then don't spend any money there.

nipper
Screwed
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.07.2012  ·  #3
It's a Newry & Mourne council area, here's a wee snip from their website

Cranfield Beach

Cranfield Beach has been awarded the Resort Sea Side Award

Cranfield Beach is set in an idyllic location at the mouth of Carlingford Lough, with the majestic Mourne Mountains as a dramatic backdrop. Situated off the main A2 Rostrevor to Kilkeel Road.

Sounds perfect, but we can't get near it unless we use it off-peak.

Is there any point in us contacting them individually, or is there an on-going campaign aimed at working with all council areas in the North

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.07.2012  ·  #4
Quote by nipper

Is there any point in us contacting them individually, or is there an on-going campaign aimed at working with all council areas in the North

The Motorhome Association is working behind the scenes for these sort of things, more information on the work they do and what they are currently doing will be available in a few weeks on this website.

Can't do any harm if others were to contact the councils as well though, the more that email the more it makes them aware of the issue's facing Motorhomers & Tourism.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.