Any reviews ?

bmurphy9
Craic'er
Subject:

Ferry bank campsite Wexford

· 
Posted: 12.04.2014  ·  #1
Hi guys ,
We are thinking of heading to ferrybank next weekend - the site looks good and facilities include pub restaurant and pool - health club ..
It's a 3 star site for some reason - but the issue we are having is that the reviews on trip advisor and pitch up are not great to be honest .
Would appreciate any honest reviews guys - also interested in information on the site location.
Many thanks ,
Brian

Flipperdipper
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: HOBBY 600
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

Re: Ferry bank campsite Wexford

· 
Posted: 13.04.2014  ·  #2
Hi Brian, Ferrybank is a 5-10 Min walk over the bridge in Wexford. As I live just outside Wexford I've never used the site so I can't comment on facilities. I would say the pub and restaurant mentioned are in the Riverbank House Hotel 2 Min walk from the site. It's at the end of the bridge where you turn up for the caravan park. The swimming pool and gym are just outside the park. The Loc8 code for the site is ZSX-09-K36 Enter it here http://www.myloc8ion.com/maps/find_code8 As the site is elivated you have nice views over the harbour if you're on the right side. I think all the pitches are concrete and level. If you've any further questions just give a shout here or PM me.

alibob
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.04.2014  ·  #3
We stayed at ferrybank, showers aren't great, need an endless supply of euros, but all in all not a bad wee site. Wexford is a great place so that was the compromise.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.04.2014  ·  #4
Agree showers arnt great and pitches are concrete but not all level ,6 min walk into town centre across bridge and lovely views of harbour ,check in at the swimming pool

bmurphy9
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.04.2014  ·  #5
Thanks for the information guys - I forgot that this Friday is "Good Friday" and all the pubs will be closed - so I emailed ferrybank and asked them if they could verify that campsite residents would be able to use the bar facilities of the hotel nearby .. A bit cheeky but worst that can happen is they will say no .. .. ..
The evenings get cool quickly this time of the year and as we have 2 kids 8&5 we thought a trip to the local would be a handy way to stay warm before the kids bed time ...

adria
Craic Addict
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.04.2014  ·  #6
You can use the showers in the swimming pool just give your token in at reception ....... all the hot water you will need and a lot warmer :happy: .

Mavv
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.05.2016  ·  #7
We have been there at Ferrybank last Christmas. The campsite itself is nice and clean, pitches are level and concrete, electric hook up is at every pitch, water taps around the site. The issue I can say about was the toilet disposal facility - no tap water (despite there was a tap with hose) and I couldn't flush the waste. I reported that at the swimming pool reception (as there was no one at the site reception) but this has not been sorted out. BTW - the pool is lovely :)
When I was booking the site I was told it won't be a hot water in the shower rooms but we may go to the swimming pool instead. Also it is worth to mention that as a campsite guest there is a discounted price for the leisure facilities :)
Oh, one more thing - electric shaver sockets located in the shower rooms didn't work. I don't know was it because of the time of the year or they were just broken.

As previously mentioned the site is within a walking distance to the town.

My last word is I would go there once again with pleasure :)

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.05.2016  ·  #8
Review here: Ferrybank

Add your reviews to the main review please, not forgetting to star rate it.

Mavv
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.05.2016  ·  #9
I have no permission to that part of the forum :(

Warning

Sorry, unfortunately your permissions doesn't allow you to view this part of the forum.

close

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.05.2016  ·  #10
Quote by Mavv

I have no permission to that part of the forum :(

You need to subscribe to view the reviews, map etc

franco
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.05.2016  ·  #11
Currently staying in Ferrybank for a few days. There is some good work being done right now on the old shower blocks. One has been completedre-tiled, and the other in inaccessible at present and is being repainted. All the trees at the rear of the site have been knocked, and the area is being cleaned up. There are a lot of new hookup points, (16ams?) so some money is being spent on the old facilities, just pity the old blocks were not completely rebuilt.
€23 per night and €4 for electricity.
Franco

Shivster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Six berth named Milly with cute red heart interior! Eurostyle emphasis on style
Base Vehicle: Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.05.2016  ·  #12
You good add it to the review section?

franco
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.06.2016  ·  #13
Will do. Just back from travels today. Very limited access to wifi in intervening interval.
Frank

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.