putting yellow calor gas bottle on german system

scooter
Craic'er
Subject:

putting yellow calor gas bottle on german system

· 
Posted: 18.06.2012  ·  #1
Tried to get advice on this before(elsewhere}.My german import hymer came with the german green bottles and has an auto changeover system.These bottles can only be refilled for me in cork.I see some vans with german systems and they are working fine but heard of potential problems of damage to heaters etc.So please reashure me that it will be ok and tomorrow I am going to replace the pigtails by pushing on orange hose and a clip to the gas pipe ends on the van.Bite the bullet time and I can change bottles in any shop(in the south of course).Good to go?

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

Re: putting yellow calor gas bottle on german system

· 
Posted: 18.06.2012  ·  #2
You should always get gas work checked by an authorised fitter, but that aside I can't see any problem between the gas as its either a propane or butane system (one has a lower freezing point than the other). As for the push on valve, that's ok here but should you go to Europe you will have problems (in Spain) they have the same system but require a contract to buy that size. The red bottles of propane would be the better bet in my opinion.

scooter
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.06.2012  ·  #3
John,thanks for post.Just hate to mess with the factory fitted stuff but if it saves me the worry of running outta gas?Suppose a collection of pigtails on board to cover all changes would be ok.

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.06.2012  ·  #4
The big question is will the 13kg yellow bottle fit? I know I can put two 13kg red propane bottles in my MH, only problem is they wont go through the door

Tristan@Pat Horan's

Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.06.2012  ·  #5
can you show a picture? is the screw fitting on the bottle a regulator , or just a connection?

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.06.2012  ·  #6
The 6kg bottle has a tap built into it and the hose is screwed on so is just a connection, but it goes through a safety valve (truma system)

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.