j5 lhd mot fix

beam deflectors and mph conversion

musky
Subject:

j5 lhd mot fix

· 
Posted: 04.06.2012  ·  #1
yo, I purshased a lhd 1994 j5 frankia camper last year from uk,with mot.I did about 1500km and had it sorned of road, and recently took for mot.To my surprise, she failed on the lights (lhd and pointing wrong way)and the speedo (need to have mph)I pointed out out at the test centre that there were no advisories for this the previous year, but they were having none of it, here is how I got the beast through ,hope this helps some one,thanks for the site

p.s this applies for mot in n.ireland :up:
You must be logged in or your permissions are to low to see this Attachment(s).

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

Re: j5 lhd mot fix

· 
Posted: 09.06.2012  ·  #2
i can see the point in the lights but not the speedo how do they know you put the numbers in the exact right place do they have a metre for it

musky
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.06.2012  ·  #3
no,they just looked at it,anyway as you all know,the speedo isnt accurate, the sat nav is the best device to use , dont think it would have been a problem down south,cheers

scooter
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.06.2012  ·  #4
I stuck black electrical tape neatly over lights on my LHD "92 Hymerand doe crowd focused lights for me and passed.Speedo was ok.First DOE so all the pre-exam type nerves were for nothing :D

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.