Actons site

pol
Craic'er
Subject:

Actons site

· 
Posted: 01.01.2016  ·  #1
I wonder what people are looking for in or on a Site
I think most of the complaints are very un fair, Chris and his wife go that extra mile in making you feel welcome, We have a Camper so we dont have the same problem as people in tents for instance when the wind and storm rises you will see Chris actively helping people to move tents or take them down and he will have informed people in advance as he knew what was forecast.
Yes they have less toilets and showers than some other sites I/we never found them dirty and plenty of water,
Free tea and coffee throughout your time on site.
Children enjoying fishing,swiming etc on the beach
We enjoy looking at the fish being caught and cooking on the Bbq ,
Children playing and enjoying themselves at least that is what we observed unless mistaken,
It is what it is advertised as. If people dont enjoy it then they should really make sure they go to
Sites that have what they need/want do plenty of research in advance,

It can be wild and breezy and a little gem.

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Actons site

· 
Posted: 01.01.2016  ·  #2
Not been personally but from experience there is no smoke without fire when it comes to complaints,

People usually read between the lines and make up their own minds

butsie1958
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.01.2016  ·  #3
]Where is Actons? always looking for new places

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.01.2016  ·  #4
Actions is near Clifden, co Galway,

wyaye wires
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.03.2016  ·  #5
Actons is the most fantastic site and we can highly recommend it. We have visited there three years in a row both at high and low season and always found Chris and Tania to be very helpful. The first time we stayed we went for a week and stayed two! Every time we stay there we always extend our stay as it's so peaceful and relaxing. The toilets and showers have always been very clean and while we have never used the kitchen facilities it always looked organised. The information relating to wildlife, surrounding habitat, places to see etc is highly informative and a real resource. We have been there in very windy weather and Chris parked us in a sheltered spot as he knew the wind would get worse - after all it is right on the shore and the force of the full Atlantic Ocean is not something any human can control.

We spent two weeks there in the height of summer and while there were a lot of children on site they were all well behaved and spent their time running around playing outside and not inside glued to their iPads! It reminded me of my childhood holidays spent at nearby Roundstone and it was a delight to see kids being kids!

If you want a site with neat laid out pitches and your spot of ground then this is not a site for you but if you want peace and an everchanging scenery outside your window then this is for you.

Kath

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.