jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Adria Vision
Base Vehicle: Renault
Subject:

Renault Master

· 
Posted: 07.06.2012  ·  #1
Anyone in the forum who has a Renault Master and is or had problems with the Air Condition Unit?
I've been having problems with mine since last September. Back to Shelbourne Motors in Portadown 3 times before the warranty expired at the end of April this year. Each time it was supposed to be fixed.

Brought her back today with the exact same problem and hey presto - they have diagnosed that its the seals. Interesting that they couldn't diagnose it before the warranty expired. It's going to be interesting to see how Renault responds. I'll keep you posted on the matter.

I would be glad to hear from others. 8-)

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

Re: Renault Master

· 
Posted: 07.06.2012  ·  #2
Renault should provide something in kind towards the costs, I had problems with my Nissan Navara as soon as it was out of warranty and Nissan provided the parts and I paid for the labour (the parts would have cost me around £4000 injector pump, common rail etc etc) So fingers crossed something similar will be done for the van. As a matter of interest what is the warranty period on the Renault Master base units.

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.06.2012  ·  #3
The warranty on the Master is 2 years but when the problem was first brought to Shelbourne there were 7 months still left on it. Why could they not diagnose whet the problem was when I brought it to them on 3 occasions before the warrants expired?

Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.06.2012  ·  #4
In my experience if you email Renault UK customer complaints they will deal with it as best as possible.

I had a problem last year and they responded to it quickly and did their best to resolve it.

Make your email as detailed as possible and try to cover any response they my have. This should speed up the process.

Hope you get it resolved.

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.06.2012  ·  #5
Thanks Mark for the advice. I think I'll wait for Shelbourne Motors to get back to me with their response and then if necessary take it further. nWhat is really annoying me is why couldn't they diagnose the problem at the beginning?

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.06.2012  ·  #6
Quote by jacktherev
........................What is really annoying me is why couldn't they diagnose the problem at the beginning?

Perhaps there is nothing sinister about it, maybe they are just plain incompetent.
It is important that the problem as reported and investigated before the warranty ran out. The fault will be on record as being reported during the warranty period and should be repaired under warranty, even if as a result of the garage's failure to diagnose the fix took until after the warranty expired.

The FIAT X250 judder issue was the same, once the fault/complaint was registered within warranty the fix was carried free of charge even after the warranty had expired.

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.06.2012  ·  #7
Baguette, that's encouraging to hear. That would be my take on it too. I will keep the forum informed of progress or otherwise.

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.06.2012  ·  #8
Just to say that Renault UK were on to me today and the chap was very understanding. As yet no decision has been arrived at but he has promised he will get back to me tomorrow (Tuesday) with a decision. I'll keep you posted.

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.06.2012  ·  #9
Hi guys
Renault (UK) got back to me this morning and without hesitation will repair the AC without any charge. They apologised for the trouble Ive had with it and Shelbourne Motors should not have questioned it when it was reported almost 8 months before the warranty expired. They are making the arrangements to have the parts sent over and had the job sorted out. By the way, the repair and parts carry a further 12 months warranty.

I must say I'm impressed with the way Renault UK handled it. Just wish Shelbourne Motors had been the same.

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.06.2012  ·  #10
Result! well done Jack.

Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.06.2012  ·  #11
Good one Jack. I am glad to hear it has been resolved.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.