buncrana

condagh
Craic'er
Subject:

buncrana

· 
Posted: 14.05.2012  ·  #1
Hi
I heard Buncrana was going to open up an aires next to the tourist info office and was going to avail of this in June, but have heard that the tourist info office has shut down, so does anyone know if the aires ever opened. if not are there any possibilities for over night parking in Buncrana. nna
Thanks Anna

musky
Subject:

buncrana

· 
Posted: 22.05.2012  ·  #2
i am down there often,and have heard that the gateway hotel will let you stay in there carpark ,if you and the family have your dinner there, as for a motorhome area, i have not seen much activity, but you could park up near the golf course,there seems to be a place to park your caravans,will keep a watch out and let you know

condagh
Craic'er
Subject:

Re: buncrana

· 
Posted: 28.05.2012  ·  #3
Thanks for your response, We are heading there this weekend so at least we have an idea where to go now. Cheers Anna

dogmobile!
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.05.2012  ·  #4
Hi another option would be near the Marina in Fahan. You can pull up right next to beach. There is a bar and restaurant nearby. Spent last week end here, was able to walk out of my van, right on beach, and go for lovely walk first thong in morn. Dogs absolutely loved it! We are all exhausted but well worth it! :D

condagh
Craic'er
Subject:

quick update

· 
Posted: 30.05.2012  ·  #5
I emailed the inishowen tourist office and got a near immeadiate response, the aires are not up and running yet, the plan is to start with 3 in buncrana and if its well supported adding more throughout the inishowen pennisula. They also told me I was more than welcome at my own risk to park up anywhere along the shoreline or on grounds behind the tourist office.
Its great to get such a positive response and to see councils trying to get motorhomers to their areas, I am really looking forward to going up to the area now, knowing that we are welcome there.
Regards Anna

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.05.2012  ·  #6
:up:

hymer524
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer 524
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.05.2012  ·  #7
Quote by condagh

Thanks for your response, We are heading there this weekend so at least we have an idea where to go now. Cheers Anna

Just found these I don't know any thing about them, so I will leave it up to you to judge for your self, but they might help you a bit.
You could check them out when your there and update us how you got on.

http://goo.gl/maps/4GRm

http://goo.gl/maps/w2FD

condagh
Craic'er
Subject:

parking update

· 
Posted: 09.06.2012  ·  #8
came back from a fine long weekend in Buncrana, great spot. Didnt look that motorhome friendly on driving in as lots of the beach car parks have barriers on them, but we arrived late and spent the first night at the tourist office, nice quiet night, pub restaurant next door and easy access to the beach but its on the main rd. We then went down to the old castle bridge the the first POI suggested by hymer, many thanks, it can easily accommodate a large vehichle in the far corner without it taking up too much space, but during the day its well used car park at night its empty, so its perfect for overnight stays but I imagine too many motorhomes there during the day would start to annoy people deprived of their parking. Headed down by the dock, plenty of parking , was a couple of motor homes there, pulled in out the the way and a great spot for day and night parking. Good overnight parking by the play area, no residential housing but it would be parking on rd side.
Buncrana very motorhome friendly, plenty of pubs with pints at 3 euro, and they all give better exchange rates for your sterling than the bank does. good restraunts, miles of walking cycling dog paths by the beaches and the rivers. perfect weekend.
Also we have a large vehichle 10m and its rather distintive having spent the first part of its life as an mod ambulance bus, so we need to plan our parking a bit more, but reaction we recieved about the old bus was so positive, people coming up asking about it , just interesed in what we had done with her,very encouraging, altogether great place and will definetly be back again.
Sorry went on way longer than I thought I would. cheers Anna

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.06.2012  ·  #9
We were in Buncrana on tuesday and would agree with what you have said, we also went to the end of the coastal path via the road to Stragill Strand and there is room to park a couple of mh's and it's well out of the way.

We passed a converted bus in a khaki colour along the road to Buncrana around the Burnfoot area was that you?

condagh
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.06.2012  ·  #10
Indeed it was.

hymer524
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer 524
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.06.2012  ·  #11
Quote by condagh

came back from a fine long weekend in Buncrana, great spot. Didnt look that motorhome friendly on driving in as lots of the beach car parks have barriers on them, but we arrived late and spent the first night at the tourist office, nice quiet night, pub restaurant next door and easy access to the beach but its on the main rd. We then went down to the old castle bridge the the first POI suggested by hymer, many thanks, it can easily accommodate a large vehichle in the far corner without it taking up too much space, but during the day its well used car park at night its empty, so its perfect for overnight stays but I imagine too many motorhomes there during the day would start to annoy people deprived of their parking. Headed down by the dock, plenty of parking , was a couple of motor homes there, pulled in out the the way and a great spot for day and night parking. Good overnight parking by the play area, no residential housing but it would be parking on rd side.
Buncrana very motorhome friendly, plenty of pubs with pints at 3 euro, and they all give better exchange rates for your sterling than the bank does. good restraunts, miles of walking cycling dog paths by the beaches and the rivers. perfect weekend.
Also we have a large vehichle 10m and its rather distintive having spent the first part of its life as an mod ambulance bus, so we need to plan our parking a bit more, but reaction we recieved about the old bus was so positive, people coming up asking about it , just interesed in what we had done with her,very encouraging, altogether great place and will definetly be back again.
Sorry went on way longer than I thought I would. cheers Anna

Hi Anna, Wow, that is some Review Thanks for taking the time to post It.
Glad you had a good time and here's to many more of them well done. :up: :-)

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.