xandra
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Safety and accessibility

· 
Posted: 30.05.2012  ·  #1
Is this wild camping safe? Would be helpful to know if wild camping spots were suitable and accessible for larger vans (i.e 7.5m). Anywhere in Co.Donegal you can recommend for this weekend? Or anywhere good for cycling (nothing too strenuous mind, havent been cycling for years!!)

Cheers, Xandra

Swanner
Bladder Drinker.
Subject:

Re: Safety and accessibility

· 
Posted: 30.05.2012  ·  #2
Hi xandra.

While all the spots on the usermap are provided by locals in that area with all the knowledge that brings, there's always an element of risk anywhere and it would be wise to apply common sense. I'll sleep anywhere but my wife prefers to only go where there are other vans parked. Ultimately it's your call but in 7 years of camping we've never had any hassle.

On the barriers, I always check out a spot on google maps if i'm going to be driving a bit aways but that's no garauntee as it's out of date. You could always ask about a specific spot on the forum here and someone from the area will know.

There are tons of wild spots in Donegal, camped in a few some years back but can't remember the names. I know they were up around Portnoo. too many hills for cycling though ;-) I'm sure some locals on here can help you out.

Anyway, wherever you end up...have a great weekend :up:

Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.05.2012  ·  #3
Hi Xandra and welcome to the forum..

Donegal has a few locations.

The Pier at Donegal Town is popular as are the two near Malin head. Which area of Donegal are you thinking of?

We have recently been asked on this form to make members aware that the parking bays at Portnoo/Narin are best not to be used at present. It was a member on the forum who lives in the area who suggested it and we would like others to respect his request.

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.05.2012  ·  #4
There is a nice one in Tullagh at the edge of the beech, its out of the way and at the end of the lane/road so only those who want to be there will be there and not passing by. Its quite flat to cycle back into the village for a wee drink or 4 and a short stroll onto the beach across the dunnes.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.