Garmin......downloads

biffo
Love's the Craic
Subject:

Garmin......downloads

· 
Posted: 15.05.2012  ·  #1
Gals and guys........I have a garmin 265w and want to download French aires and campsites. I can't do this with my iPad so will try my wifes notebook. My question is .....can this be done for free. I need to update the maps (western Europe ) and I know I have to pay for these but are the aires free ?????. I have a micro card from a previous garmin and was told by someone on this forum that could use it, but for the life of me I can't find it ,in my ignorance I probably deleted it or sent it into cyber space. .......any help greatly accepted. :sleep: :up:

Am heading to Spain coming home through France in a while so I need to update shortly

Happy camping ....safe driving........ :police:

Bob
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

Re: Garmin......downloads

· 
Posted: 15.05.2012  ·  #2
google archies campsites.
download their pois for free, they cover uk and france germany,including aires and municipal sites.

link
http://www.archiescampings.eu/eng1/

Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.05.2012  ·  #3
That is the same one I used.
All seem to be accurate.

How did you get on with the info I gave you the last time you were asking?
Did you manage to get the ASCI poi's onto your Garmin?

This is the thread I am on about. forum/topic.php?t=960&page=fst…micro;card

biffo
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.05.2012  ·  #4
Just had a look at the site.......brilliant......now all I have to do is get them on my garmin.....this is where my wifes notebook comes in. Bit late tonight so maybe tomorrow. Really appreciate your help ...thanks. :up: :up:

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.05.2012  ·  #5
i had a garman 250w and replaced it with a 1440 in france last year cost e 129 and has 24 countries on it and loads of space for custom pois etc and 5 in screen its a much better unit an upgrade for your unit cost about e80 plus a card to store all the info you want on it, for the small extra cost the 1440 is far better and fully up to date with maps and extras

biffo
Love's the Craic
Subject:

Micro cards,garmins,downloads.........insanity....looney bin

· 
Posted: 16.05.2012  ·  #6
>_< ... Hi to all....especially Marc......I found your previous post.....don't know how but there ya go. Anyway ...had a go on the website as suggested,connected my garmin.....tried downloading nuttin........put card into notebook, repeat performance......nuttin. Open card in notebook according to wife it's showing poi on her notebook.......put it in the feckin garmin .....nuttin.
As you can see .....I'm peeved off. Obviously I'm doing something wrong and if I stay at it much longer they will have found a way to telepath the info to me. So.......am buying a campsite / aire book and going back to basics. I will attempt to buy updated maps of new motorways and roads from garmin and see how that goes. Will rely on present data and have a good map on standby.

So......many thanks to all who proffered their assistance and advice

I'm off to the pub..... 🇧🇭 🇧🇭 :up: :sleep:

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.05.2012  ·  #7
biffo
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.05.2012  ·  #8
Don't know.......my better half is the computer expert. Will ask . Maybe have a go again tomorrow. .........but for now ......I'll ask ARTHUR for inspiration. Thanks. :up:

hymer524
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer 524
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.05.2012  ·  #9
biffo
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.05.2012  ·  #10
Will do......well my wife will.....and here's hoping. A previous post talked about upgrading but I'm happy with the 265w and if I can get the data on to it ......why bother changing.
Will keep ye posted . Heading to Spain so I'll be buying a map . :D

hymer524
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.05.2012  ·  #11
Quote by biffo

Will do......well my wife will.....and here's hoping. A previous post talked about upgrading but I'm happy with the 265w and if I can get the data on to it ......why bother changing.
Will keep ye posted . Heading to Spain so I'll be buying a map . :D

I know what you mean, Mine Is a 250w Really old at this stage :D. But I do Have the 2012 maps installed with all the updates for the new roads Etc.

biffo
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.05.2012  ·  #12
I'm going to have to update....can you give me any idea as to cost for 2012 updates of western europe ? I'd nearly settle for that alone. :up:

hymer524
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.05.2012  ·  #13
biffo
Love's the Craic
Subject:

Garmin

· 
Posted: 17.05.2012  ·  #14
Just had a quick peek at the site..........got out of there p d q. I'll stick with what I've got ......the divil ya know and all that. Will have a go at the new map updates using all info given and will let ye know the outcome ........again thanks too all for your help/ patience. :up: :sleep:

hymer524
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.05.2012  ·  #15
Quote by biffo

Just had a quick peek at the site..........got out of there p d q. I'll stick with what I've got ......the divil ya know and all that. Will have a go at the new map updates using all info given and will let ye know the outcome ........again thanks too all for your help/ patience. :up: :sleep:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Thought that to myself all right a bit steep in price.

When you have the updates you can add the poi"s to an Sd card as per post above.
were all here to help one another so just ask. :up: :-)

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.05.2012  ·  #16
those prices are crazy you will get much cheaper at mysatnav.ie or halfords i only paid e129 for nuvi 1440 its up to date and has lots of space for custom poi etc lane changes and photos of junctions you are approaching ( i dont know how they do that its a real life photo ) think of the happy hols and enjoy :up:

Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.05.2012  ·  #17
Exactly what we did. It wasn't much more to buy the 1490 with free updates for life than get the updates for the 250w .

As has already been said, bigger screen and much better commands. The motorway photos are amazing.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.