HUCKYBABE
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Rory Gallagher Tribute Festival

· 
Posted: 09.05.2012  ·  #1
Anybody ever been to the Rory Gallagher Tribute Festival in Ballyshannon at the end of May and is there any sites round Ballyshannon.

Deirdre
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Rory Gallagher Tribute Festival

· 
Posted: 09.05.2012  ·  #2
Hi Huckybabe, hope you're keeping well.

Im sure one of my friends went last year and raved about it, although she's not a motorhomer and stayed in a local B&B. I have had a look on their site (looks a great line up) and it says, Unauthorised Camping in Public Parks, Quays etc. will be Strictly Prohibited in Ballyshannon.

Bundoran is 3 miles from Ballyshannon and there are many Taxi Companies operating a 24 hour Service to and from Ballyshannon, as well as a Festival Shuttle Bus Service (11am to 3am)

There are a couple of campsites in Bundoran. we stayed in one a couple of years ago and i am sure we were able to walk into Ballyshannon.

Enjoy.

Dee :up:

bigfoot bair
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Hymer 680 starline
Base Vehicle: 2.7 Mercedes 150 bhp
Subject:

Festival

· 
Posted: 09.05.2012  ·  #3
Hi Bundoran to ballyshanon is about 5 miles ,to far to walk,Their is a camp site on the Bleek rd on the edge of Ballyshanon by the lake walking distance.havent stayed in it but looks good.

Marty
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.05.2012  ·  #4
Hi there is a campsite in Ballyshannon on the Belleek/Enniskillen road. If you're planning on staying there, you would probably need to book shortly as it will be a busy weekend. There is an official festival campsite about 2 miles out the Bundoran road with a shuttlebus service, but the cost to stay there is €45 "PER PERSON", not vehicle! This cost is wheather your staying 1 night or 3. There are very limited services available at this site and a shuttle bus will be used to take campers to the local G.A.A. pitch for showering facilities. I live in Donegal and go to the festival almost every year and parking will be limited although I do have a spot in mind to park up the camper. I think there are a couple of campsites in Bundoran but these are on the Sligo side of the town, so you're going to be about 6 miles away!

Swanner
Bladder Drinker.
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.05.2012  ·  #5
We were going to head up for this but can't know as my wife's doing the mini marathon.

There are loads of little park up spots near Ballyshannon if you get there early enough.

There's also the large car park for Supervalue and Lidl in Bundoran but you might get moved on from there.

Anyway, hope you get sorted and enjoy the tunes :D

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.