Where shall we go?

Mrs Mac
My Motorhome: Bessacarr E560
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

Where shall we go?

· 
Posted: 26.07.2015  ·  #1
Himself and I are heading off next weekend for 10 days or so and are open to suggestions of places to visit. We are from Tyrone and at Easter headed down the west coast making it as far as Dingle and clocked up over 1000 miles. Thinking of heading down the east coast or central Ireland and would be keen to hear any recommendations. Hoping to mix wild parking with sites and would like to spend a couple of nights in some places. TIA

oirishman
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

where to go.

· 
Posted: 30.07.2015  ·  #2
I have parked wild in carlingford just between the car park and the sea wall.nice little old town.
You can park on the harbour at howth.
campers park at the end of the Strand near Bray head ,there is a No overnight camping sign, but havent heard of anyone being moved on.
Glendalough is a lovely place,but no real parking there.some people park in the big car park of the Interpretive centre,havent tried it myself.i would stay in the campsite in roundwood. not far.

Rosslare strand is a popular overnight stay..car park opposite the pub.
Midlands...Rooskey..Dromad..camp on the quay in rooskey or the fishing tackle guy has opened an aire for €10. dromad is car park by the port...turn down by the biggest pub.
Tipperary..The Apple...nice campsite in a big orchard.

Hope this helps.

t18con
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Camper, built not bought
Base Vehicle: Vw Caddy 2l, 110bhp
Subject:

Re: Where shall we go?

· 
Posted: 30.07.2015  ·  #3
Carlingford is well worth a stop for a feed (PJ OHares), but I've heard of people being moved on after stopping overnight.

the beach where they filmed saving private ryan might be worth a stop? but there's no real sea view from the car park, so probably not for an overnight. we stayed at Howth and then in the wind farm on Lady Island when we did a similar trip, and overnighted at the Vee gap on the way back. We found the road often left sight of the sea on the way down the East coast, so didn't have any of the thrills on the WAW.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.