Pet Passports

Travelling to England

Bronagh
Benny Hill Wannabe
Subject:

Pet Passports

· 
Posted: 23.04.2012  ·  #1
Hi there, was just doing a bit of research about pet passports to the UK..seems that as of the 1st January 2012 all pets travelling to UK from Ireland need a microchip, rabies vacc and a pet passport. Thats my something new I learnt today! :D :D

Deirdre
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Pet Passports

· 
Posted: 23.04.2012  ·  #2
Bronagh,

You're quite right, but there is a loophole between ROI and UK.

•As both the Republic of Ireland and the UK have had no indigenous rabies for many decades, compliance checks on pets travelling between the two countries will not be applied. Pet owners travelling with their pets should therefore not experience any change on the ground from the 1 January.[i] Source:http://www.defra.gov.uk

Dee :up:

Bronagh
Benny Hill Wannabe
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.04.2012  ·  #3
I spotted that alright, but have heard of a few dog show people getting stopped since Jan and being asked to produce the passport...am now thinking of just getting him the passport, not the rabies vacc, but the receptionist at the vets is going to enquire further :-)

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.04.2012  ·  #4
SWMBO is looking into this as having just got our first motorhome we are planning going to Spain in July and it would be more complete if the hound can travel with us.

Deirdre
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.04.2012  ·  #5
Hi John

When she who must be obeyed finds out how to go about it can you post it, save me the bother.... not that we have plans to go abroad, (IOM) is far enough for us.... but one never knows.

Welcome to craic.

Dee :up:

Bronagh
Benny Hill Wannabe
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.04.2012  ·  #6
Hey folks, we just booked our trip to Britain on Irish Ferries and they clearly say they won't be looking for Pet Passports....will print that statement off and bring with me just in case :-)

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.05.2012  ·  #7
Ok a bit more info, you need the mut to be microchipped which is currently free courtesy of the Dogs Trust. A vaccination for Rabies £25, a passport £25 and thats it apart from before you return to the UK (not sure about Ireland but it should be the same) you need a Tapeworm shot and it costs around £5. This needs to be administered a minimum of 24hours and maximum of 5 days before return and the vet says to make sure the date and time of the Tapeworm shot is recorded on the passport. There is no longer a requirement for a blood test or minimum waiting period when travelling within the EU but check on countries outside of this.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.