Motorhome tyres

Where to buy ?

Subject:

Motorhome tyres

· 
Posted: 04.03.2012  ·  #1
Our morothome is almost 5 years old and I have noticed the tyres are starting to show the usual signs of age.

I know it is suggested to replace them at about this age. So, the question is, where to buy and how much?

I would prefer to buy the same make and style again..

Will also need to get the tyre seal put in again.... :'(

Michelin camper 225/65R16 CP Any ideas?

irishrver
Craic'er
Subject:

Re: Motorhome tyres

· 
Posted: 04.03.2012  ·  #2
just make sure they have the e mark or they will fail doe test

Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B598 PL
Base Vehicle: Fiat 130 hp multijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.03.2012  ·  #3
Hi Mark,

Can't help with where or price, although one of the suppliers on price comparison websites (black circles or similar) will deliver to a local fitter, can't remember who but a bit of research will suss it for you. I am likely to change next season as my tyres still appear very sound, particularly the side walls, which I believe are the important parts due to facing the sun with it's UV degradation and they are the thinner bits that flex constantly. I cover mine when not in use with corrugated plastic sheeting slotted up under the wheel arches.

Two things that are worth considering are,

1. Make sure your supplier gets very recently manufactured tyres, no point in putting on tyres that are new but perhaps already a year old from sitting on a shelf when they only have a life span of 5-6 years!

2. Give some consideration to fitting winter tyres. They will last the full period of motorhome life and do not appear to have mpg implications, road noise does not appear to be more noticable. Handling and braking are not adversly affected and in fact in wet and slippery conditions and at less than 7c braking distance is shortened. The main reason I will fit winter tyres is that they get great write-ups for getting you off wet grass and mud especially if you do many rallies. Loads on the subject on motorhomefacts.com

Davy

Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.03.2012  ·  #4
Thanks for the replies.

I have made a few calls today and it isn't going to be cheap...
Looks like it is going to be the guts of £700 .

I even tried a few places in ROI as I could have got it done on my trip later this month.
One place was almost €1000 (£830)

I suppose they are the things keeping us on the road..
I must take a photograph of them when I get them... LOL

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.04.2012  ·  #5
Are motorhomes tyres not just 8ply van tyres? If so then most the depots e.g. Modern tyres will do them and probably be cheaper than £700

Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.04.2012  ·  #6
Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.