how does the charger work when plugged in ?

cbr1100xx
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

how does the charger work when plugged in ?

· 
Posted: 22.11.2014  ·  #1
morning all - just fitted a solar panel to the van - havnt actually wired it up to the charger yet as i ran out of time - but the hard part done - my question is when the van is plugged into the mains and charging the batteries - does it override the solar panel charger or the other way round ? as both systems are seperate i think not - therefore the batteries are getting a double charge ? any views on this please .

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: how does the charger work when plugged in ?

· 
Posted: 22.11.2014  ·  #2
Your solar regulator does all the regulation sort o speak,

As far as I know priority is given to mains plug in, so if the solar regulator is reading the voltage it will not let more flow from the panel,

Hopefully you get where I'm coming from?

Somebody else should be able to explain it better (hopefully) :up:

Tristan @ PHM
Craic Addict
Homepage: PatHoranMotors.com…
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.11.2014  ·  #3
tresrikay
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.12.2014  ·  #4
My system has an MPPT regulator controller, they enhance the charge from the panel by up to 30%. When I am hooked up or running the engine, the charge light on the controller is off. I assume that it is then blocking any over charging. Its not often I am on hook up as I can go 5 days from spring to the start of Autumn with my system, so its only this time of year when sites generally only have service pitches that I use hook ups. My system is wired straight to the leisure battery and I have a battery to battery device wired to the engine battery so that when my Leisure batt has charged more than 13.75v, it sends a trickle charge to the engine batt.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.