digger
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Mirage 6000
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

wild in Co. Down

· 
Posted: 30.10.2011  ·  #1
I found a new spot this weekend. The carpark on the shore opposite Kilclief Castle. Its on the road from Quoile bridge to Strangford town just before turn off to Ballyhornan. It was very nice but water was coming over the wall in the high wind. I think it would be great in summer though. Room for half a doz. MHs.

kimakazie

Subject:

Re: wild in Co. Down

· 
Posted: 15.11.2011  ·  #2
Hi Guys , The above location is very Quiet at night,I stayed there on Saturday night and there was No sign of Boy racers etc, it was a bit open and breezey but all in all it was fine and the bonus is when you wake up to a Beautiful Sunrise only yards away from the water. :up:

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.11.2011  ·  #3
:up:

4wheelin

Subject:

Kilclief wildcamp spot

· 
Posted: 06.03.2012  ·  #4
Hi folks,
Looking at this as a possible overnight stop in the next fortnight, mainly because its fairly close to Bishopscourt race circuit where there is an event on that I want to attend.
Went last year but found it hard to a site that was open, I think Delamont Park was where I stayed at. Has anyone stayed here lately or are there any other sites or wildcamp spots nearby that I could use. Help please :o

hymer524
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer 524
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.03.2012  ·  #5
Bob
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.03.2012  ·  #6
delamont wont be open yet, its the dearest campsite in ireland if not a member of camping and caravan club.

i have driven by kilkleif and it looks fine,tho might be a bit open if the weather is bad.

castleward is only 13 quid a night if you are a member of the national trust.

ianmorgan
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.03.2012  ·  #7
Quote by 4wheelin

Hi folks,
Looking at this as a possible overnight stop in the next fortnight, mainly because its fairly close to Bishopscourt race circuit where there is an event on that I want to attend.
Went last year but found it hard to a site that was open, I think Delamont Park was where I stayed at. Has anyone stayed here lately or are there any other sites or wildcamp spots nearby that I could use. Help please :o

hi we used to go to the kart racing there,the meeting you are going to is there not a practice day before (friday).you could stay overnight at race track,we always did that.

Deirdre
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.03.2012  ·  #8
Hi Michael,

Are you not able to stay at the racetrack itself?? We always stay at bishopscourt the night before the bike racing, normally able to get access from about 3pm onwards, there is both hard standing and grass parking, there are loads of people that stay - we will be staying again on 24th this month - what is it you are attending?

Delamont - don't get me started, very expensive and they knocked our door at 12.45 on the sunday (no more than 12 vans on the site) to ask if we were staying an extra night :'( wont be back there. It was very expensive, we arrived on the Friday about 7pm and were getting thrown out at lunch time on the sunday (I would have understood if they were fully booked) I think from memory it was over £20 per night by the time they added in the extra charges - Rant Over, Enjoy Bishopscourt.

Dee. :up:

4wheelin

Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.03.2012  ·  #9
Hymer, Bob, Ian & Deirdre,

Appreciate the information given there, the event that is on is the 2nd round of the NI Car Rally Championship, interesting to know that you can access on the afternoon before the event for the bike racing, I will try to see if I can get in but the Motor Club organising the event in the past have limited access to M/H's and vehicles only that are connected with competitors. Forgot about Castleward being nearby also, worth considering , will it be open on the 9/10th March though ? W/C spot at Kilclief does look tempting though if the weather is half decent,.. Thanks all :up:

Bob
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.03.2012  ·  #10
Castleward is open all year.

raymondo
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.03.2012  ·  #11
Off season if you go to Delamont dont go to the campsite but drive passed it to the car park Ive seen several vans overnight there - you could probably do it in season too as the guy who collects the parking fee goes home at 20.00.

I agree though that the C&CC at Delamont is extortionate - and not that great either!

4wheelin

Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.03.2012  ·  #12
Thanks everyone will be def going to Castleward or Kilclief, or even better if I can get into B/court late afternoon.

Rapidrose
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.03.2012  ·  #13
You can park up at Currans Bar which is very close to Bishopscourt.

http://www.curransbar.net/

I can't say if it is ok or not because we were going to stay there one night but we ended up staying on the course. Although that was at a motorbike race.

4wheelin

Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.03.2012  ·  #14
Quote by Rapidrose

You can park up at Currans Bar which is very close to Bishopscourt.

http://www.curransbar.net/

I can't say if it is ok or not because we were going to stay there one night but we ended up staying on the course. Although that was at a motorbike race.

Thanks Rapidrose,

Spoilt for choice now :up:

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.