Inishowen Peninsula

Subject:

Inishowen Peninsula

· 
Posted: 02.03.2012  ·  #1
We have recently had a reply from Visit Inshowen on facebook.

We had asked if there were any stopovers in the area and they have suggest Ashdale House in Carndonagh.

Visit Inishowen website

Ashdale House website

As there is no mention of motorhomes on their website I phoned them today.
I spoke with the owner, Sharon Moore who inform me they were part of SNI but are happy to accept up to 6 or 7 motorhomes at any time for €10 each per night.

hymer524
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer 524
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

Re: Inishowen Peninsula

· 
Posted: 02.03.2012  ·  #2
Kelper Camper
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.03.2012  ·  #3
I can reccomend this one, a good safe site, nice people and handy for the town.

Theres a couple of other sites up here including Binion Bay camping and caravan site and another SNI site at westbrook house, buncrana (according to their website www.safenightsireland.com - but be aware that the locations for these two on their map are wrong).

good news also that Buncrana town council are opening a dedicated motorhome stopover point at the towns tourist office from this summer, only water and electric i think and no gray water or cassette disposal, but a good move all the same and maybe it will be developed further if it proves a success.

4wheelin

Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.03.2012  ·  #4
There are lots of more interesting/inspiring/memorable (safer ?) wildcamp places in Inishowen than this (boring) stop - sorry but an honest opinion - try usermap for breathtaking views/scenery

Kelper Camper
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.03.2012  ·  #5
I agree but not everybody is comfortable with wild camping and these sites provide a bit of security. Its about choice and particularly during winter months when most formal campsites close up.

And i guess thats the benefit of two threads on here, one for legal stopovers and one for wild camping!

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.