Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Tollymore Forest

· 
Posted: 26.02.2012  ·  #1
Hi all

just back from Tollymore, the weather was brill and we certainly enjoyed ourselves. Although there were quite a few travellers, so parking was limited as they have 2 vans for each caravan parked on pitches and they have about 5 barking yapping dogs :'(

But, the sun was shining and we enjoyed ourselves, apart from Murphy who was attacked by 2 of the 'yappers'

Dee, Stevie and Murphy
:up:

Subject:

Re: Tollymore Forest

· 
Posted: 26.02.2012  ·  #2
Hi Dee

Sorry to hear about that.
We would use Tollymore quite a bit but have started phoning before we arrive to see if there are travellers staying.

I hope you reported the dogs to the wardens.
All god must be on leads too.

The travellers do cause a bit of a mess with vans parked everywhere and engines running all night at times.

I assume you are more campsite people like ourselves.

digger
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Mirage 6000
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.02.2012  ·  #3
Hi Dee
If you want safe wild camping in that area use Bloody Bridge carpark or Downs Road carpark. I have never had any trouble in either and always take a dog oe two.
Brian

colinbredin
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.02.2012  ·  #4
I used Tollymore for 4 days during the recent half term brake. Had a brill time. The weather was great. There was a few travellers on site but they kept themselves to themselves and were friendly enough and they kept their sites clean. £13 a night with all the electric and hot water you needed. Theres was quite a few MH's. In fact I thought it was going to me an MCC unoficial rally as their was a few members there. The craic was good. Definately going back there. :up:

Deirdre
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.02.2012  ·  #5
Hi Brian and Mark, not quite sure about the wild camping, i dont think i would sleep if there werent other people around, obviously i am presuming that quite often when wild camping you would be in the place on your own!!! I am happy enough to camp in places (race paddocks and race track) and not be plugged into electric nor have the luxury of hot showers as long as there are plenty of others camping. Although Mark, yes we probably are more campsite people, its hard to beat the luxury and feeling of safety in a camp site. Roll on Easter when Kilbroney opens again.
Dee :up:

Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.02.2012  ·  #6
I understand what you mean about wild camping. We would only do it with company ourselves but many will say they never have a problem alone.

If you enjoy sites why not join our gathering at Treegrove in Kilkenny for the Dimond jubilee weekend in June.

Deirdre
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.02.2012  ·  #7
Thanks Mark

When you are all heading to Kilkenny we will be going to the Isle of Man for the TT races - pity the dates clash, as Treegrove is one of our favourite sites, great walk into town along the river and there is a bar/restaurant in town that lets the dog sit under the table, happy days (if your not a dog owner you wont appreciate this).

Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.02.2012  ·  #8
Soorry Dee I forgot you had mentioned that before.

We do have a dog and have had him in Kilkenny town with us but he isn't always with us as we like to walk and he doesn't..

hillsog
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.03.2012  ·  #9
Hi Deidre, We where also at tollymore, just for the saturday night though, sunday morning
was just great sitting outside on the deck chairs kids off playing in the river in the forest,"yes in the river!". Anything for a quiet life!. Cant wait for the dry summer nights to arrive then the
craic starts!

Deirdre
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.03.2012  ·  #10
Hi Garry

Well you mustnt have your motorohome craic sticker up, shame on you, i had a wee nosy at all the vans and didnt see any, next time you're there have a look, i have a sticker on the front and the back, give us a shout, there will always be a glass of beer (or coffee, time dependent) for a fellow forum member.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.