MOT for LHD - headlights

jiwawa

Subject:

MOT for LHD - headlights

· 
Posted: 22.02.2012  ·  #1
Our 4-yr-old (van!) is due its first MOT next week. It's a LHD and we spend most of our time on the continent.

I'm getting the kph speedo replaced by mph (I've been told by someone official that I should never have got it licenced in the first placce with no mph). I much prefer the kph but there you are....

I'd intended just masking the headlight protectors so that the beam doesn't kick up on the wrong side in UK, but Simon of Leisure Tech says he's been talking to someone who's van failed with beam benders.

Has anyone else got a LHD through MOT, and what did you do with your lights?

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Re: MOT for LHD - headlights

· 
Posted: 22.02.2012  ·  #2
Was talking to my mechanic this morning, he reckons (although not 100% sure) if you get them tested before the MOT with the stickers on and they are correct and shining in the right place then they can't fail, but he says to ring the MOT centre.

jiwawa

Subject:

Re: MOT for LHD - headlights

· 
Posted: 22.02.2012  ·  #3
Thanks Ally - did ring and got the info you've given me - happy days!!

Let's hope it's true - will report back after Fri 2nd March.

willie
Love's the Craic
Subject:

LH Headlights

· 
Posted: 22.02.2012  ·  #4
I had a similar situation with my RV, I took it to a garage to get the headlights masked up, in my case with black tape, so the beam was ok on the beamsetter, and it went through no issue, you would be best get the beam checked on a beamsetter rather than have to pay for a retest

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.