Viktor
Full Member - Likes the Underworld film series
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Pit Stops

· 
Posted: 27.01.2012  ·  #1
Erm....we need another new section Ally lol! (I've had another idea!)

Donaghadee

Cafe Manor, 1A Killaughey Road Donaghadee - just round the corner from Donaghadee town centre, 50 yards from the Police Station, and about 1/4 of a mile from the Aire at Donaghadee

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?…1&t=m&z=17

It does a take away menu too. Open 8.30am - 5.30pm....the food is top class and the surroundings pleasant. I had a very nice meal in here today and one of the nicest I had anywhere for some time. It's only been open 5 weeks but ideal if you are staying at the Aire.

Proprietor: Nigel Hanvey 028 91 889 623
You must be logged in or your permissions are to low to see this Attachment(s).

Viktor
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Pit Stops

· 
Posted: 27.01.2012  ·  #2
You must be logged in or your permissions are to low to see this Attachment(s).

Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.01.2012  ·  #3

Viktor
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.01.2012  ·  #4
Yep...I think we need a new section called Pit Stops and then we can post individual threads for each Pit Stop location. The Manor Cafe is I would class as 'High End' but with a much cheaper carry out menu. Main meal prices are in the region of £5.95 - £9.50 Desserts £3.50 - £5.50 approx. Desserts are made on the premises and the meals are well presented with a 'home cooking' flair.

I thought of the idea only after I had a nice haddock and chips with mushy peas (after I enjoyed it so much)...I took out the iPhone to log in and thought darn I should have photographed the meal and posted on site...hense the idea and post.

Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.01.2012  ·  #5

Viktor
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.01.2012  ·  #6
No doubt Mark will be down there like a rocket as he's only down the road a bit lol!....perhaps Bob and Digger too :happy:

(actually I was at the County Hardware shop buying a small gas cylinder as LPG Camping and Caravanning in Bangor haven't had a new stock of gas clyinders in some time....CH told me he is sending them to Donaghadee but I could have got them at the Marina or in Riverside Filling Station in Bangor).

digger
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Mirage 6000
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.01.2012  ·  #7
Looks nice Viktor.
We would eat in Dee quite often usually Pier 36. Is Manor not open for evening meals or were those times for carryout only?
Teddys in Castle Street Bangor is good for food and price for an evening out.
We spent last night in the Dunsilly Hotel (Allys area) they do a good steak and the spanish red was worth having a couple of bottles, nice carvery breakfast too!

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.01.2012  ·  #8
Would the "Pub Stopovers" section not do for this kind of post? Maybe change it to "Pub and Restaurant Stopovers" :)

Viktor
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.01.2012  ·  #9
Yes it could go in there Ally...the Manor is open 7 days a week 8.30 - 5.30 Brian, really 9-5 in practice as the last half hour is to allow customers to finish up ....the carryout menu is available also during those times.

I'd be interested in seeing photos myself of any recommended places especially if opening times could also be posted...it's nice to have a good idea of good places to eat before you go to the trouble of driving to a particular area....I hate last minute decisions about trying somewhere when a youngster or passenger suddenly decides they're in need of refreshment lol!

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.