Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

EFOY fuel cell wins award

· 
Posted: 16.01.2012  ·  #1
The new EFOY Comfort fuel cell has won the leisure category in the iF product design awards 2012.

The EFOY Comfort fuel cell was praised for its quality of design, workmanship, innovation, functionality, ergonomics, safety and brand value.

The fuel cell was was launched last year as an autonomous power source for motorhomes and leisure vehicles.

“We are excited about winning the iF product design award," said Dr Peter Podesser, CEO of SFC Energy. “We wanted the EFOY Comfort to feature not only even more functionality and enable even more independence for our customers, we also concentrated on an attractive design and on an appealing touch. The award, just like the reactions of our customers, confirms that we have achieved this aim.”

These are available from our sponsor..
Leisure Technical Solutions

Viktor
Full Member - Likes the Underworld film series
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: EFOY fuel cell wins award

· 
Posted: 17.01.2012  ·  #2
I've noticed the 'Comfort' which seems to be the recommended one for Motorhomes and Boats....I like the idea of the silent generation of electricty, but I don't have the space for the unit, 2x leisure batteries and large inverter....I've noticed a small 'military' version which doesn't appear available for the public, and I've noticed small cells powered by LPG.....so overall it it worth the money against a generator purchase and what are the disadvantages?....anyone using either a methanol or LPG cell?

Leisure Tech Solutions
Craic'er
Homepage: leisuretechnicalso…
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.01.2012  ·  #3
Power products ehh!!! every customer will have their own take,, We have fitted more of the Efoy than Eg20's, everyone that has had it fitted thinks they are the biz,,

Efoy systems, completely silent, will run all year, unlike solar;-( , 6 amp output on the new comfort 140 model, 10ltrs of fuel is costing around £40,, dont hold me to this,, i was ordering fuel today from the distributor and had been told of a price change.. does have a running life of hours, ( i think the Efoy is ideal for winter operation, using solar between Mar-Sept ),, prices from £2395, £3399 and for the comfort 210 £4799,, upgradable warranty from 2 - 5 years,,

Then the Self energy, EG20, auto-matic start up, 20 amp 12v output, gas fuelled, ideal when using gaslow, or alu gas refillable bottles, no fuels to carry other than the gas already on board, fully auto-matic starting and switching of, it does requires regular service intervals. Prices have come down considerably on these units, although they are still RRP £2250 + fitting, is it a little 2 stroke engine so does generate a noise level 51dB @ 7m, similar to the honda suitcase gene's...

What small cells did you see Viktor?

Viktor
Full Member - Likes the Underworld film series
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.01.2012  ·  #4
Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.