Tour de France 2014

Subject:

Tour de France 2014

· 
Posted: 17.02.2014  ·  #1
I was looking at my dates for France this year and noticed that if we do a similar route to last year on the same time frame we will be passing Carcassonne when the Tour de France will be resting there for two days.

I have only ever seen it passing a village we are staying in. I know there is great excitement around the event but is it worth stopping or better avoiding?

Any suggestions?

hobey

Subject:

Re: Tour de France 2014

· 
Posted: 17.02.2014  ·  #2
Hey Mark. Twice we have crossed Le Tour. In Annecy 4 years ago and Chaumont 2 years ago. My advice is unless you can get to a mountain stage, I'd give it a miss. The pro's go 60-70km/hr on the flat and they whiz by in a blur. And for some stages you'd need to be in position days ahead of the race coming through. Graet excitement though especially on the mountains. Hope this helps........Hobey

TAYLOR.
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: kencarrolladaptati…
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.02.2014  ·  #3
Hi Mark,

Seen it 3 times,had to be in the area at least 1 day before it due.The atmosphere is electric,the caravan before the riders pass goes on for ages,i positioned my self at a roundabout so the bikes have to slow down(but not by much).
It is definitely worth seeing and i am not a cycling fan. :up:

Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.02.2014  ·  #4
Thanks guys. Some good advice there.
I have seen stages but never the rest days. I think it will be as mad as a race day so might bypass it.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.