Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

The Caravan & Camping Show @ NEC

· 
Posted: 04.02.2014  ·  #1
The Caravan & Camping Show, pitches up at the NEC in Birmingham next month (18-23 February) offering a mix of new models, celebrity guests and family attractions.

A number of new products and special editions will be unveiled by leading manufacturers, dealers and importers alongside the latest 2014 model ranges.

Confirmed manufacturers and models include:

MOTORHOMES

Adria
The new Coral range, plus the return of the Compact range with the three-berth SPX. There’s also a new model in the form of the Twin 640 SPX.

Auto-Sleepers – All-new cab facelift for Mercedes-based range
Auto-Sleepers’ 2015 new van conversions, The Kingham and the Warwick XL will be on show; based on the 6.36m extra-long Peugeot van – a new derivative for the company.
Alongside them will be a selection of Auto-Sleepers’ other models for 2014, including a range of Mercedes based conversions featuring an all-new face lifted cab.

Auto-Trail – Two new layouts for the V-Line revealed
Two new layouts for the brand’s V-line range will be unveiled at the show. These are the 610 rear lounge and 620 rear transverse bed with two extra travelling seats.

Bailey
Highlights on the Bailey stand this year include the 2014 Approach Autograph and Approach Compact ranges: all will be at the NEC. These include the Autograph 765, a six-berth motorhome with drop-down bed.

Bürstner
New for the February show is German manufacturer Bürstner. Its 2014 range includes five special edition Viseo models especially for British motorhomers. They’re based on the Nexxo and Ixeo Time low-profile ranges, with a chassis upgrade to 3850kg and a range of extra spec.

Chausson
French manufacturer Chausson will be displaying a selection of its latest motorhomes, featuring a range of bed options suitable for couples or families.

Elddis
2014 sees the introduction of the Accordo range, which features a pair of compact coachbuilts. Joining the Accordo at the show will be the Autoquest complete with new layouts.

Lunar – New model launch
Lunar is expanding its motorhome range and will be unveiling a brand new model exclusively at the show on opening morning. It will also be showing its Vacanza Camper Car, which is based on the Nissan NV200 Combi plus a Vango awning.

Moto-Trek
A relative newcomer to motorhomes and a first time exhibitor at February, this Holmfirth company builds luxury vehicles for motor sport and equestrian professionals. The range includes bespoke coachbuilts with slideouts and luxurious panel van conversions.

Pilote
The French manufacturer will be offering an additional model to it’s award winning Reference range – the P720 LPR – which is styled for the British public and comes with the option of the Aventura specification.

Rapido – New model launch
French manufacturer Rapido will reveal the new 891F Design Edition at the show.

Rimor
A new brand for the show, and brought to the NEC by Hull based importer Motorhomes & Caravans Ltd, Rimor offers a range of Italian designed and built motorhomes available on a choice of Ford, Fiat and Renault chassis and suitable for first time motorhomers as well as the more experienced.

Rollerteam
Italy’s number one brand brings three new motorhomes alongside its existing range. Look out for special value-for-money packs such as free payload upgrades and Lux Packs.

Swift – 50th birthday celebrations
Join Swift on its stand and celebrate its 50th birthday with a look at the brand’s comprehensive range of models; including the new 2014 ‘Black Edition’ Kon-Tiki range.

CONVERSIONS

Autohaus
A first time exhibitor at the February show, Autohaus offers a bespoke campervan conversion service on VW, Mercedes, Fiat and Renault base vehicles.

CMC Reimo
CMC will be exhibiting a range of Reimo VW campervans, along with its new Renault Escape model, and the Trekker, based on the VW T5.

Danbury
A new exhibitor for the February Show, Danbury is offering the opportunity to grab one of the last few VW T5’s.

G&P
Staffordshire-based G&P will bring its Toyota ProAce and Fiat Doblo Midi-Tour vehicles to the show; both come with the option of a fixed or elevating roof.

Hillside Leisure – new Micro Camper Launch
This year Hillside Leisure will occupy two stands; on the first, it will display its full range of campervans, including the Birchover, Cromford and the Ellastone. On the second stand it will launch its newly designed range of micro-campers, based on the Nissan NV200.

IH Motorhomes
IH will be offering a choice of six 2014 models featuring bespoke fabrics, leather and carpentry. The company’s N-Class models feature the first electric slideout on a panel van and the first hinged door, replacing the usual sliding panel.

Kingston Campers – New launches planned
A new brand for this show, Kingston Campers will be displaying three campers all built on a VW transporter base. New for 2014 is the Snowdonia Twin, featuring two single beds that can be made into a double, an end-kitchen and a cassette toilet.

Vantage
Expect to see the rear-lounge Neo, Sol and Med models from Vantage, and the newly launched Ora and Vue, both of which have a front-lounge layout.

Wellhouse – New model launches planned
Two new models will be on display; the award-winning new Ford Terrier Sport, based on the Ford Tourneo and Volksleisure, a new brand for Wellhouse and new campervan model based on the ever-popular VW Transporter.

WildAx
Visit WildAx’s stand to see its comprehensive new range of Citroën-based models, as well as the latest models from the Cutie mini-camper line-up.

DEALER SUMMARY

Lowdhams
Lowdhams will be displaying its new Swift Esprit Hi-Style Special Editions as well as the best sellers from Bailey and the UK release of Westfalia. Unique to Lowdhams on its best of Germany stand is Hymer, Knaus, Dethleffs and Sunlight motorhomes.

Marquis Motorhomes – New model
Sporting a new look metallic cab, the 2014 Lifestyle motorhome range sees a new model, upgraded with extra ‘Special Edition’ features.
Three new layouts are added to the Majestic motorhome range, which now offers 10 models.

Richard Baldwin Motorhomes
Two more models join the RBM Musketeer special edition range. Now comprising of four models, all based on the Elddis Autoquest, the range includes the D’Artagnan based on the Autoquest 115, the Athos based on the new Autoquest 155, the Porthos based on the Autoquest 175 and the Aramis based on the Autoquest 180.

To book tickets to the show visit www.thecaravanandcampingshow.co.uk or call 0844 581 1250.

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Adria Vision
Base Vehicle: Renault
Subject:

Re: The Caravan & Camping Show @ NEC

· 
Posted: 04.02.2014  ·  #2
Would love to go but have so much on that week I just can't. It's the first time in years that I am not able to go and I'm supposed to be retired.

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.02.2014  ·  #3
I was hoping to link that with the holiday but unfortunately we are going through Gatwick and not Birmingham

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.02.2014  ·  #4
You planned that badly if I may say so. It's not like you to make a slip like that.

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.02.2014  ·  #5
Ally I'd say your fingers were sore after typing all that :lol:

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.02.2014  ·  #6
Just stumps left ;)

Would love to go to NEC.

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.02.2014  ·  #7
If you plan well enough in advance it's about fifty quid for the plane and the price of a ticket in, some say worth it others a waste of money, but I would like to visit it one day.

Shivster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Six berth named Milly with cute red heart interior! Eurostyle emphasis on style
Base Vehicle: Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.02.2014  ·  #8
I would be scared to go in case I made a spur of the moment purchase that I would be paying off forever. :devil:
I would love to go though.

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.02.2014  ·  #9
Siobhán don't worry about making a hasty decisions. The hasty ones that I've made were the best ones and one of them was marrying Liz but don't tell her.

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.02.2014  ·  #10
Quote by Shivster

I would be scared to go in case I made a spur of the moment purchase that I would be paying off forever. :devil:
I would love to go though.

You couldn't make a spur of the moment purchase as there would be too much choice

Brit_Stops
Craic'er
Homepage: britstops.com
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.02.2014  ·  #11
The NEC is a great show to attend. The February show at the NEC isn't as big as the October one. They've added a fifth hall this Feb, but it's for camping stuff mainly.

In October I think I recall there being 11 halls, and to see it all properly you really need a couple of days. If you knew exactly what you were going to see you could do it in one.

We'll be at the Feb one, and maybe the Oct one, but it's a bit late in the season for us.

If you come across in your van at any time from March to October you will normally be able to find an outdoor show somewhere, with weekend camping and free evening ents in with the price. I couldn't see a list on the forum, so here's a list if anyone's interested.

Steve :-)

[hmm, more edits than original text! Thanks for sorting out the link, Ally! Now removed the second one]

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.02.2014  ·  #12
Thanks Steve :up:

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.