Banned? Sat Navs with speed camera detection.

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Banned? Sat Navs with speed camera detection.

· 
Posted: 06.01.2012  ·  #1
Just one manufacturer but it seems it will be or has been applied to all.

------------------------------------------

Tom Tom France says
Changes in French legislation
From 4th January 2012, a new French law makes it illegal to be aware of speed camera locations while driving. If your device has the TomTom Safety Cameras service, you violate the law if you continue to receive radar and warnings may result in a fine.

How to comply with the law
You must perform two actions:

Disable alerts for France Radar on your device. [How to ... ]

Update your GPS with the locations of the latest radar. This will remove your device's camera locations in France. [How to ... ]
Note: If you use TomTom HOME to manage content on your device, and n 'are not subscribed to update the radar, you must manually delete the file radars for France in order to comply with the law . [How to ... ]

We are currently developing a new service for France, which will warn of danger areas, rather than radar. To be informed of the latest on this service, subscribe to this page by clicking the link Warn bottom of the page. We'll e-mail when additional information becomes available.

Switzerland
In Switzerland, the use of the TomTom Safety Cameras service is prohibited and we do not offer this service in Switzerland.

Other countries
Most governments and local authorities believe that radar service TomTom makes driving safer. At TomTom, we respect the law (local) and when necessary, we adapt our attitude.

The British government allows the use of the TomTom Safety Cameras service if too fast to avoid dangerous behavior on the road. In Germany, the use of radar warning equipment, such as "Stingers", is prohibited by Article 23, para. 1b of traffic, but the software related to radars are not allowed. However, no legal precedent does not allow for the time to confirm it.

In addition, the Government of the United Kingdom provides the following services on Radar Systems navigation:
"The Government will not ban devices using GPS (Global Positioning System) to warn drivers of speed camera locations and speed limits known. In fact, they are consistent with the policy of the Government, which wants to ensure that the camera locations are visible to drivers, to help reduce speeding on the roads. "

However, you remain responsible for the use of the service TomTom Safety Cameras. This service can easily be disabled for each country on most of our GPS.

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Re: Banned? Sat Navs with speed camera detection.

· 
Posted: 09.01.2012  ·  #2
(talking to myself)

Think it's ridiculous! the idea of speed camera's should be to save lives not create revenue.

DevaDave
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.01.2014  ·  #3
Yep
Update and you get for France "safety Alert" which coincidence is very close to speed cameras

However ... It don't matter if you do get the flash as they can't send you the fine, yet.....

I got pulled by a couple of machine gun totting officers, and when asked why I was going this way I gave the galic shrug and said GPS...it seems there was a bank robbery in the south and the getaway car was on uk plates, they and most officers are not arsed whether you have speed camera alerts, they are more concerned with DD... They checked out my fronglaise had a laugh and said in perfect English have a safe journey home mate..
(Btw I had been hammering it to get to the Caen ferry prob about 130 kph, so deserved a pull, but the roads were quiet and I needed a drink ;-). )

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.01.2014  ·  #4

Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.01.2014  ·  #5
Quote by the fat controller

if you obey the speed limit then why worry about having speed cameras turned on!

I agree John but it can be difficult in France.
Sometimes the villages are 30 and sometimes 50 KPH, Some have no signs at all which doesn't help.

I just try to keep under 30KPH inside the town limit signs...

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.01.2014  ·  #6
Same here although I may have certain files on my sat nav to help. I got flashed once in France in swmbo's jeep and once in Spain in a hire car. The only one to find me was the Spanish one

DevaDave
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.01.2014  ·  #7
Quote by the fat controller

Same here although I may have certain files on my sat nav to help. I got flashed once in France in swmbo's jeep and once in Spain in a hire car. The only one to find me was the Spanish one

Yep thats because the hire car company have to give your details to the Police, however the goverment doesn't, and possibly the best advice is your own "dont speed" , or mine :bandit: just dont get caught.. :lol:

However if you get caught by a mobilke camera and the police man is there ..."vous entaillé" in french "you're nicked"

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.01.2014  ·  #8
Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.