Motorhome dealers in Ireland North and South

Bob
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.12.2011  ·  #1
i have bought of two dealers, both new vans.
found both to be helpful and any problems or add ons were dealt with quickly and with no arguments.
people can have bad experiences but the majority have no problems.

as a member of a local motorhome club i have heard very few stories about bad service.
it boils down to the old addage, you pay your money and take your chamces.

willie
Love's the Craic
Subject:

after sales service

· 
Posted: 07.12.2011  ·  #2
Many dealers will not come up to expectations, depends what the fault is, I had a problem with the handbrake on a new Bessacar on a Alko chassis, left it into a Fiat dealer to have the brakes fixed, because the rear axle was Alko not Fiat the normal handbrake cables did not fit,I had to ring Alko to get a part sent, took a month to sort it. and they would not release the motorhome as it was not road worthy until the new parts were fitted.
Best example of service I saw was while at a club rally in Blackpool on a Sunday morning,the 3 month old motorhome parked in front of us went on fire when they turned on the Truma water heater, lucky some other motorhomers were fast with the extinguishers, The devestated owners rang Michael Donaghy, within the hour a taxi came and wisked them off to the airport, he organised collection of the motorhome and they got a new motorhome, no argument no hassel and a Sunday morning when they were closed, I was mega impressed.

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Re: Motorhome dealers in Ireland North and South

· 
Posted: 07.12.2011  ·  #3
Well done Donagheys! that's the second time I have heard an amazing report regarding Donaghey's.

willie
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.12.2011  ·  #4
It is interesting how difficult and expensive parts for different Motorhomes can be, British built units can be very difficult to get, and suprisingly American easiest and also cheapest with European in the middle somewhere. I broke the mirrors on the nearside on a road sign they were electric heated mirrors, phoned to see where I could get them or even afford them, first part I had needed for an RV, had them the next day £37 each plus postage crisis over.

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.12.2011  ·  #5
Quote by willie

It is interesting how difficult and expensive parts for different Motorhomes can be, British built units can be very difficult to get, and suprisingly American easiest and also cheapest with European in the middle somewhere. I broke the mirrors on the nearside on a road sign they were electric heated mirrors, phoned to see where I could get them or even afford them, first part I had needed for an RV, had them the next day £37 each plus postage crisis over.

That's quite crazy, you can get parts for an RV easier than a UK MH. Did you source them from America?

willie
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.12.2011  ·  #6
RV parts are available from www.starspangledspanner.co.uk they are a uk company Duncan is a RV mechanic and knows RV,s inside out great to know he is there, while I had British vans never came across anybody like this, pity as it was always a problem getting anything.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.