jimbob
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

France

· 
Posted: 03.09.2013  ·  #1
Hi Guy's n Gal's ( not sexist me ) lol. Just wondering if anyone would know what the weather is like in Normandy France at the moment or indeed for the month of September. Even down as far as St Jean De Mont, or La Rochelle. Would like to go over for 3 or 4 weeks but don't want to find that the weather is bad, had enough of that in May n June when my wife n I came home 3 weeks earlier than planned due to the terrible weather in France. Any info on the weather over there would be most appreciated. Kindest Regards Jimbob. Cork.

Subject:

Re: France

· 
Posted: 03.09.2013  ·  #2
I was chatting to my parents yesterday. They are in central France which is getting sunny and 23 degrees.
They are coming home next week and plan to visit La Rochelle for a few days on the way.

The forecast for next week in La Rochelle is about 25 degrees and sunny.

Bob from this forum will be in Cherbourg tomorrow and traveling La Rochelle direction. I am sure if he sees his he will post some weather info.

I hope this helps.

Bob
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.09.2013  ·  #3
On way to celtic link now
Prob la rochelle on thurs or fri

Will let you know if i get wifi

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.09.2013  ·  #4
Enjoy!!!

Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.09.2013  ·  #5
Have a safe trip.

Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.09.2013  ·  #6
jimbob
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.09.2013  ·  #7
Thanks a lot everyone appreciate the help

Bob
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.09.2013  ·  #8
in il de rie at present
weather overcast but warm
few bright sunny spells today
locals say overcast until wed then to get good again

Mayo1
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.09.2013  ·  #9
Oh yes Roll on Friday

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.09.2013  ·  #10
Hi Bob have a good holiday and do not worry about us poor mortals back here freezing in the winter temperatures .

wicklowelk
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Swift Escape
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.09.2013  ·  #11
Hope you are right about the weather improving on Wed, We are off to France on ferry Wed for 3 weeks.Will keep you up to date on the weather

petie
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.09.2013  ·  #12
Hi jimbob, im just back from France today and I have to say the weather in Normandy and Brittany was wonderful over this past two weeks ,we have never had it so good.The only rain we saw was late Thursday night and a shower Friday evening just as we were getting on the ferry,I have heard that the weather over the next two weeks is supposed to be excellent . :up:

Hunters
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.09.2013  ·  #13
Oh to be in France now!!
It feels like so long ago.
We've had a busy few weeks getting back to school in this house & are really looking forward to taking the van out to shepherds rest next weekend :-)

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Adria Vision
Base Vehicle: Renault
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.09.2013  ·  #14
Hunters exactly how I feel.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.09.2013  ·  #15
We in Brugge in Belgium dont head this way if ur looking for sun its wet and windy moving to Holland tomorrow hope weather picks up

jimbob
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.09.2013  ·  #16
Thanks everyone for your info sounds good enough really, now for the next hurdle getting she who must be obeyed to agree to go, she is afraid the nights will be too long as it is getting dark earlier now and also a lot of the campsites will be closed from the 3rd week of September. She not to fond of the idea of staying on Aires without elect Hook up as well. Any ideas Guys n Gals

Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.09.2013  ·  #17
The nights are getting longer in France. My parents have been over for 6 months and are coming home this weekend.
They say they are feeling the difference already.

I suggest you use the ASCI book and plan around the sites which are open on the dates you are over.

altnanean
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Lakia Kreos
Base Vehicle: Mercedes
Subject:

France 2013

· 
Posted: 14.09.2013  ·  #18
Hello Everyone
We are in France at the moment and the rain is pouring down, It has been bad weather since the the 6th September, No fear of sunburn, dull and overcast with bad forecast for next week. The very south seems not to bad but here .... yuk On the upside when the rain stays away it is great for cycling.
We have had a rough time, fridge broke, sat nav broke, tv not working , our outside tyre blew out, had to get two new ones!! and then the weather broke .. there's a story in there somewhere!

Hunters
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.09.2013  ·  #19
You've had a bad run of it ... :(

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.09.2013  ·  #20
You're having some luck!

Suppose things can only get better!

jimbob
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.09.2013  ·  #21
Hi guys thanks for all the info, she who must be obeyed decided she did not want to go after all, citing long nights, sites closing, etc, etc,etc, from the reports we have been getting from yer goodselves and others I'm thinking maybe right choise by herself. If we had gone and had the misfortune to find wet weather again 3rd time in 4 trips in 2 years I fear it would have finished her love with France for good. May / June last year 11dry days out of 2 months travelled from North to South into Italy up lake Como into Swizerland Rain Rain n more Rain back into France up to Cherbourg, was never so glad to actually get on the boat for home. Went back over again for the month of September did the Normandy Landing Beaches in Glorious Sunshine up to 28 dgs every day for the whole Month. This year June / July same again rain rain rain same all over France floods, landslides, campsites flooded, bloody nightmare so if we had gone back again this month and had the weather that is being talked about she would have blown a gasket. For next year she wants to get the ferry to Porthsmouth and then get a ferry to Bilbo and head down to Southern Spain through Portugal. Have any of you Craic'ers traveled this route, if so what did you think of same, are there anythings to watch out for, what is the difference expense wise compared to travelling down through France to the South of Spain. From what time of the year would it be safe weather wise to travel to South of Spain. she insists on warm dry as much as is possible weather Sun would be a bonus. ( Not much to ask for in her little eyes ). All info greatly appreciated and thanks in advance Guy's n Gal's.

Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.09.2013  ·  #22
If you want the weather I find going to France in July and August best. I know everywhere is busier but you meet more people then too.

We went in June this year and I wasn't that impressed with the weather. I cannot see us going over in September unless it is the end of a long trip.

jimbob
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.09.2013  ·  #23
We kind of make September the last Hooray for the year for long trips and have generally been lucky weather wise in France, we don't tend to do much during the Winter months apart from taking the van out for a run on Sundays to keep her agile and healthy. ( Wish I could say the same for myself lol. ) We like our comforts and the heat for the winter so we do a lot of cheap hotel breaks mid week which helps to pass the winter faster. All the same we keep looking forward to the time of year again when we can start getting the van ready for the season and start heading away in her. The hotels are nice but there's nothing like being away in the van meeting like minded people and enjoying the crack.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.09.2013  ·  #24
we in Honfleur at the moment set off from north of Le Harve this morning traveled about 40 km and packed it in, the weather is on the floor although it should pick up tomorrow so may stay here abit , i know how you feel altenan im like mc givver fixing things but its part of the fun 🇧🇭 of motorhoming just started pouring again, better have un verre du vin, on the bright side its washing the van . we intend heading to St. Malo area anybody there not wearing a snorkle :D

wicklowelk
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Swift Escape
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Weather on Ile de Re-

· 
Posted: 17.09.2013  ·  #25
Hi Craic'ers
We are in Ile de Rain at the moment - arrived yesterday after 4 good days in southern Brittany. Forecast for the next few days is poor, but we are making the most of it. Today we cycled and got wet but enjoyed it all the same. We are told that tomorrow there will be a particularly low tide, when all the islanders will go picking shell fish on the local beaches and we hope to join in. Looking forward to some fresh cockles and mussels for dinner! Apparently the misty wet weather is connected to this unusually low tide and after that the sun will return. We will wait and see....
:happy:

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.09.2013  ·  #26
Enjoy gathering them and no doubt you will enjoy eating them of course with a glass of best French White Wine appropriately chilled. It's important to have it chilled and don't have Rose with them.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.09.2013  ·  #27
vin rouge pour moi mon rev.

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.09.2013  ·  #28
Oui Eirebus.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.09.2013  ·  #29
Rev do some praying and get this weather sorted
PS really dont care :reel: :fgrin:

Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.09.2013  ·  #30
I was chatting to Bob earlier.
He is getting great weather in la Barcares

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.09.2013  ·  #31
Eirebus when you get the mussels and cockles and the French White chilled wine you won't worry about the weather. Ah and don't forget the fresh crusty bread with a.good dolubet of butter on it. Mmm I'm hungry already.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.09.2013  ·  #32
Thats exactly what we did last night Jack delicious .................then it rained again off to the pool now who cares :happy:

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.09.2013  ·  #33
Glad you enjoyed it you have made me home sick for France. I just love the country and its people and way of life.

chelsporty

Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.09.2013  ·  #34
Agree nowhere like France...glad we went in July though roasted !!!

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.09.2013  ·  #35
We near Cancale now about 100 people on the beach each day picking cockles i have to use binoculars to see them they are so far out, a shop beside me selling them for a couple of euro a kilo so why bother .At last weather has picked up :P

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.