Ticamo Awning

acrossthesea
Subject:

Ticamo Awning

· 
Posted: 05.08.2013  ·  #1
When I bought my Talisman recently the owner gave me this Awning/Privacy Room for free to go with it :D .Yesterday I put it up in my front garden. Easy enough to put up and take down but only God knows how you would get it all to fit back into the bag O-)
Anyway here are a few pictures.

Not a bad "Freebie" to pick up :up:

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Re: Ticamo Awning

· 
Posted: 05.08.2013  ·  #2
Looks great - always wondered how easy they are to put up and take down as I have never seen one being erected.

Blag
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: 1980 Coachmen Leprechaun
Base Vehicle: GMC G35 Vandura. 6.7 Litre Chevy V8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.08.2013  ·  #3
Looks great! Nice deal.

acrossthesea
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.08.2013  ·  #4
Quote by Ally

Looks great - always wondered how easy they are to put up and take down as I have never seen one being erected.
As it came with no instructions it was a case of putting it up wrong first time around and then bit by bit everything came into place. It is a 10 minute job to put it up and take it down and is very straight forward. Not sure we will use it too much though unless we were thinking of going somewhere and staying for a week or so.

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Adria Vision
Base Vehicle: Renault
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.08.2013  ·  #5
Yeah it sure looks fantastic. Wish I had one.

Hunters
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.08.2013  ·  #6
Looks great & good idea to have a trial run putting it up at home.
Glad to hear it is easy to assemble.

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.08.2013  ·  #7
Quote by acrossthesea

As it came with no instructions it was a case of putting it up wrong first time around and then bit by bit everything came into place. It is a 10 minute job to put it up and take it down and is very straight forward. Not sure we will use it too much though unless we were thinking of going somewhere and staying for a week or so.

That's pretty good only 10 minutes. Not sure I would use one either as we are really never any where long enough to make use of it.

Viktor
Full Member - Likes the Underworld film series
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.08.2013  ·  #8
I would have to agree Ally. Before I bought my van I bought a NR Awnings MotoVilla Standalone Awning supposedly to attach to the side of my (then) Teranno. I've never used it. It has curtains (sitting in my hotpress), and a groundsheet and has been safely in my shed for the past three years. I guess I should probably sell it, but I'm reluctant to as NR Awnings make a heavier body fabric which is very suitable for the UK weather.

Might though if I was offered a fair price. Of course the minute you think like that is the time you come up with a reason to use it lol.

drifter
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Hobby 690GFS
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD on an AL-KO chassis
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.08.2013  ·  #9
I think they are great if you regularly go camping with the family/children. All that extra space would be very useful :) Also I imagine that campers who tend to stay for lengthy periods in one spot would benefit greatly from them and it would be worth the effort of hauling them around and putting them up.

Personally I spent enough time in my younger days wrestling a with canvass and frames to go there again :)

Michelinman
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: rossdowneyleisures…
My Motorhome: Autotrail Arapaho
Base Vehicle: Ducato x250 2008
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.08.2013  ·  #10
I have a safari room for the Arapaho and have used it a couple of times, although bulky and quite heavy to carry about in the boot of the Motorhome I only use it when the grand children are with us for a weekend as it is handy for that extra space for bicycles,pushchairs etc, other that that it probably would never be used.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.