Internet access in France

French sim card

spatuladad123
Love's the Craic
Subject:

Internet access in France

· 
Posted: 23.06.2013  ·  #1
Before our wee trip in May I had been making enquiries about internet access, at home we all have giffgaff which for £10 a month (no contract, so you can stop anytime)we get unlimited data and loads of minutes and texts. I was trying to find out if there was anything like this in France. A very nice g
french gentleman called Alexander sent me a Joe mobile sim card which seems to be the French equivalent of giffgaff - no contract. Anyway to cut a long story short we registered and activated the sim a week or so before we left, I put €10 on it which gave me 1gb of data plus calls to landlines in Europe and texts to french phones. We didn't know at that time if it would work but figured €10 wasn't too much to lose. When we got to France I put it in the hubbies phone and it worked like a dream - we were able to use the phone as a wifi hotspots and connect the tablet and the laptop to it whenever and wherever we where. We were able to go where the fancy took us then check for an aire or a site if we wanted to stay - worked perfectly all the time. At a couple of stops throughout our holiday I was chatting to my daughter in Australia and sending her pictures. Since coming home I have sent for a couple more cards for fellow motorhomers, but have just been informed by Alexander that he has set up a website where us foreigners can now order our sim cards direct - and it's in English. For anyone interested, the website is
http://joemobile-foreigners.fr I would have no hesitation in recommending it - the Sims remain valid for 6 months even if you don't top them up, but if you put a few euros on every 4/5 months you can keep it activated, then just put your data money on for when you're going away. Or if it runs out just order a new one when your holiday is due.

Jayne

Subject:

Re: Internet access in France

· 
Posted: 25.06.2013  ·  #2
Thanks Jayne.

I am in France at the moment but will have a serious look at that when I get home n

Phoebe
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail Apache
Base Vehicle: Fiat ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.06.2013  ·  #3
We are heading to france soon, so we will definately be checking this out.

Thanks Spatuladad123
:)

TAYLOR.
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: kencarrolladaptati…
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.06.2013  ·  #4
Reply from Alexander job will not accept Irish MasterCard (so much for been in the eu),but we can use a pre pay card called Netaller. 🇧🇭

cMd
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.06.2013  ·  #5
Hi , thank you 123 have been looking for something like this for some time, contacted Alexander today and purchased 2 sims total cost €3 delivered,paid with visa no probs, Alexander promptly emailed back to say we will have sims by Saturday, he confirmed the sims will work in I pads as well as phones, one question anyone we tried to purchase sims from in france said we needed a French address , what address did you use to activate the sim regards cmd

spatuladad123
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.06.2013  ·  #6
Hi cMd, Alexander actually gave me his address to use to register the sim, he did say they don't really take much notice of the address but apparently you do need a French address. Drop him a wee email he is extremely helpful. Hope it works as well for everyone here as it did for us.

Jayne

cMd
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.06.2013  ·  #7
Thank you Jane, regards

cMd
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.07.2013  ·  #8
Hi 123 , looking for some information, Alexander sent me my sims and we have activated them,my
Question is can you top up in Ireland or had you to wait til you got to france, we seem to have €1 euro with activation but how do add more . Regards ciaran

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.07.2013  ·  #9
google a French company and use their address :bandit:

spatuladad123
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.07.2013  ·  #10
cmd
Top up on line with credit/debit card, but once you do this you have to remember that it renews every month - to stop it just go into your joemobile 'cockpit' and switch the 'on' button to 'off'. As long as you put some more on before 6 months (I think) is up your sim will stay valid but if it does run out you can order another one easy enough. Hope this is useful to you.

Jayne

drifter
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Hobby 690GFS
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD on an AL-KO chassis
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.07.2013  ·  #11
Good useful info. Thanks. :)

cMd
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.07.2013  ·  #12
Thanks Jayne . When we activated the sims we should have been able to put credit on them but it wouldn't allow because we ticked the box dual sim which according to Alexander should be left
Blank. Started over again and got new numbers for the same sims and are now activated and with
Credit, we are off to france Monday so we will see how they work, thanks cmd

spatuladad123
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.07.2013  ·  #13
A friend of ours was here tonight to activate his joemobile sim, he's off on Tuesday, I really hope they all work as well as ours did. I finally got my date for my op so we are now hoping to be able to go away for a few weeks during September, fingers crossed, will top up mine before we go. If anybody knows if there's anything similar for south of Ireland, I would love to hear from them!
Have a great time cmd.

cMd
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.07.2013  ·  #14
Hi from france,the joe mobile data sim in my I pad is working wonderfully ,we have travelled from cherburg right down to narbonne and hasn't let us down,on the other hand I also got a sim for an unlocked 3 g phone and while I have received some calls it refuses to let us call any one. Cmd

Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.07.2013  ·  #15
Have you remembered to add the 00353 or 0044 dialling codes?

spatuladad123
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.07.2013  ·  #16
Glad to hear it CmD, so relieved my experience of Joe wasn't a fluke! Enjoy the rest of your holiday

cMd
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.07.2013  ·  #17
Yes mark we remembered the code. Spoke to a guy from uk has a joe mobile sim also has Internet but can't make calls: cmd

darkvalley
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.08.2013  ·  #18
Anyone know if this site is gone as the link in opening post has not been working for the last 2 day?

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.