flans van
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Touring France

· 
Posted: 25.07.2013  ·  #1
We are in Louhans Burgundy leaving tomorrow with 9 more days before we get our ferry ,looking suggestions on villages with either river side aires or within walking distance to restaurants .thinking about the Loire region .

Subject:

Re: Touring France

· 
Posted: 25.07.2013  ·  #2
We stayed in Parthenay in June this year.
The Aire is beside a river with flat walks.
We only stopped one night so cannot tell you much about the area. It might be near your route.

Barrier code is purchased from the campsite next door.

Address is Rue de Boisseau.
If you still don't have your aires guide I will try to find you the co-ORDINATES.

flans van
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.07.2013  ·  #3
Mark thank you, will look it up and see if we will be near it . We met up with a lovely English couple on their way home and they give us their 5 year old aires books so between that and a book in German we are getting by .

Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.07.2013  ·  #4
Isnt it nice when you meet someone like that.

Are you going home via Cherbourg or Roscoff?
I can suggest a couple of aires within an hour or two of both.

flans van
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.07.2013  ·  #5
We are sailing from Cherbourg. Tomorrow we are heading towards St Pourcain Sur Sioule there is a municipal and an aires .

Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.07.2013  ·  #6
See if this one isin your book
Normandy,
Briquebec. Nice free Aire with unmetered electric points. Some views of a small lake. 20 minutes from Cherbourg port.

JAG147
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.07.2013  ·  #7
Are you into rosslare on the Friday? If so , give us a wave, were getting the 3.00 or 3:30 pm to Cherbourg

Enjoy the rest of your trip

Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.07.2013  ·  #8
A couple of nice towns to visit if they are on your route.

Eguzon Chantome: park in village square or near the lake
Loches: daytime parking Aire outside campsite. Site does a reduced rate for overnight.
Chinnon: lakeside campsite with views of castle. Haven't use an Aire near it.

Also nice Aire in Pont'd Ouilly near Caen.

Riverside Aire with electic. Divided by hedges. credit card barrier. Once inside use the services near the exit but don't go back out. Just go turn around and pick your spot. I went out and paid twice.

flans van
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.07.2013  ·  #9
We will be going back on that boat so keep us a space ! Don't forget to use the free ehu while on the boat .

barney147
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.07.2013  ·  #10
Flans just out off the Loire valley didnt use any aires there but on our drive to Saumur there were plenty of vans parked at different locations along the river you should have no problem parking up, used a couple of sites there which were very expensive, enjoy your trip. :up: :up:

flans van
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.07.2013  ·  #11
Thanks Barney will bear that in mind .We don't mind the smaller campsites but tend to stay away from the bigger ones with pools etc as we don't use them.

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.07.2013  ·  #12
John

We stayed at a small site (municipal I think) near Chambord Castle and it was €11 per night including ehu. Very freindly and a short stroll into the village. It is about 10km from Chambord which is a nice day out visiting a big chatteau.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps…l=GB&hl=en

We tried a couple of other sites in this general area but they were far too expensive as we didnt want a pool etc and were in the region of €35 per night when everything was added in.

flans van
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.07.2013  ·  #13
Hi ,
John here speaking as I have finished cooking, serving & washing up & looking after her nibs as usual. This is my first typing input but have been very appreciative of all the replies. We have found a cracker aires beside the river next to the lovely town of Moulins. It is a drive up to the barrier job enter your Vehicle reg number 10cent per hr, it gives you a blank card which you stick in when you leave to pay. Massive pitch areas laid back, bar & restaurant beside you. Extra E2 for ehu but who needs that. An endless flat cycle path from here along the river which has small bathing beaches under the bridges, I am not kidding! Feels a bit like the Med here. Also you have instant free wi-fi in your van from the restaurant & canoe hire right beside you. Excellent tourist office & restaurants in town center, we a going for an hours canoeing, lunch in town & move on later in the day. Lovely place gets my thumbs up. Also I have broken a vital tuning knob on my guitar & will visit a guitar shop tomorrow with hope. Withdrawal symptoms with no guitar!!!! John

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Adria Vision
Base Vehicle: Renault
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.07.2013  ·  #14
John some folk know how to rough it and you are one of them! Enjoy as I'm sure you will.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.