France Any ideas - Eurodisney-Saumur La Rochelle

barney147
Love's the Craic
Subject:

France Any ideas - Eurodisney-Saumur La Rochelle

· 
Posted: 09.07.2013  ·  #1
Heading to France any Ideas on campsites or aires on route to eurodisney from Cherbourg, probably just for one night, after eurodisney heading on to Saumur maybe la Rochelle any reccommendations for a family site in these areas. We have stayed at Domaine de la breche in Saumur and Will probably use it again (nice site) for 3-4 Days, we have 3 kids under 9 so probabably need entertainment and swimming Pools. Also thinking of annual pass for Disney anyone else done this. :up: :up: :up:

JAG147
Love's the Craic
Subject:

Re: France Any ideas - Eurodisney-Saumur La Rochelle

· 
Posted: 09.07.2013  ·  #2
Barney, we are just back from Disney, spent last week Mon-Thursday at it, car park wasnt that busy nor were the parks but it was cloudy the 4 days we were there and a little rain, so prob the best time to go, as no queues!!

annual pass is prob the best way to go, but you should price some of the hotels which incl entrance to both parks, sometimes there isn't a lot in it and just park thevan in the hotel carpark.

we are heading out on 2nd Aug from Rosslare for a couple weeks, when do you go? we are heading to Royon direction, not far from La Rochelle.

Il De Re is good but it gets busy

we usually stop over at Pontorson (camping Haliotis) although this might not be far enough for you. good wee site with pool etc

barney147
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.07.2013  ·  #3
Thanks jag147 had a look at haliotis and it looks very good will definitely
Pay it a visit not sure if on the way down or coming home is the cycle to mont st Michel suitable for kids.
We head off next Tuesday for 2 weeks, will probably get the annual pass for Disney
I think you get free overnight parking with it will also check hotel price then head for saumur nice Castel site there, do you know any good sites beside the d-day beaches and close to the town.

JAG147
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.07.2013  ·  #4
yes cycle route is flat the whole way although the river runs along side it, but it is fine, we did it with 8 & 6 year olds on their bikes.

there are quite a few good sites near the D-day beaches, the castel sites are very good, but very expensive, if you look up their website it will show all their locations, you could find it difficult getting a pitch tho if not booked in advance

biffo
Love's the Craic
Subject:

D. Day site

· 
Posted: 10.07.2013  ·  #5
If you google 'Le Cormorant' camping it should give you a site near Ohama beach. Brilliant site and not too expensive,pool,bike hire and the beach is lovely. You can gather mussels when the tide goes out.
:sleep: :up:

barney147
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.07.2013  ·  #6
Thanks biffo do you know if there is a motorhome section
Looked on there webpage and it seems 2 have different areas,
also is there a town nearby, looks like a great site.

biffo
Love's the Craic
Subject:

Le cormoron

· 
Posted: 11.07.2013  ·  #7
The front of the site is taken up with mobile homes.........but to theback of the site is reserved for motorhomes/caravans. We simply stumbled across it two years ago when I wanted to do the d-day landing sites. The town is small but kinda quaint. There is a shop doing war clothing,,,,,,,fighter jackets, longcoats etc. The landing beaches are a cycle ride away and a lot too see, but I was disappointed at the prices of the exhibitions and goods. Far as I'm concerned they should be free as the price paid by those who took the beaches was enough.
I remember saying to a sales assistant if the guys who took the beaches could see the exploitation..............they wouldn't have bothered invading.
Anyway it was a lovely spot and if you cycle inland it is rewarding with the history involved, chateaux, and small villages. The site has two pools and a small take away and I think I bought some beer. We really injured picking mussels and cooking them that evening......we ended up with a united nations group around our barbie.
:sleep: :up:

barney147
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.07.2013  ·  #8
Thanks biffo For All the info Will try and check it out looking forward to the trip no sites booked yet
as i still havent made up my mind which direction to head, hope to find a nice site and relax for a while after the Disney thing. :up: :up:

barney147
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.07.2013  ·  #9
Stayed on Aire at grand camp maisy in normandy 1night done the d-day landings then travelled to Disney stayed 2 nights, we are now in the Loire valley on a castel site called parc de la grenouillere great site near blois. Will probably head to Saumur any reccommendations for sites. :up: :up:

biffo
Love's the Craic
Subject:

Saumur

· 
Posted: 21.07.2013  ·  #10
There is a site near the centre of Saumur .......it's actually on an island on the river. Adress is rue de verden 49400 Saumur. Nice pool, bar, and great for bikes as centre and chateau nearby.
:up: :sleep:

Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.07.2013  ·  #11
Camping de la breche is just on the edge of saumur.
Large pitches, pool,bar, shop etc

barney147
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.07.2013  ·  #12
Currently in Saumur Weather has settled down a bit 28 now scorched all week in Paris then Loire valley where it was almost 40 most of the time, castel site now etang de la breche 2nd time here brillant site for family although very expensive. Heading up to mont st Michel in the next few Days any good aires between Saumur and there preferbly near Town. :up: :up:

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.