mournemaid
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

fridge and hob problems

· 
Posted: 20.07.2013  ·  #1
Hi
finally got away for a few days for the first time this year. Problem was 3 gas burners wouldn't stay ignited. one did- blue flame but not very strong. Gas bottle full. Fridge wouldn't ignite on gas either-automatic ignition just kept clicking. Can anyone advise me who could service this at a reasonable cost.

many thanks.

by the way we live in Belfast.

Michelinman
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: rossdowneyleisures…
My Motorhome: Autotrail Arapaho
Base Vehicle: Ducato x250 2008
Subject:

Re: fridge and hob problems

· 
Posted: 20.07.2013  ·  #2
M and E Motorhomes, Halftown Road, Lisburn would be your closest people Their number is 02892622161 and ask for Michael or Eddie. Helpful and good at their job. Cheers Willie :up:

Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.07.2013  ·  #3
Do you have a purge button on your gas system?

mournemaid
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.07.2013  ·  #4
hi mark. I don't know. where would it be located? Its an oldish motorhome-2002 CI riveria.

Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.07.2013  ·  #5
Good question.

If you follow the hose's from your bottles you may find a connector which looks a bit like another regulator. If you have this it may have a not too obvious button which can be depressed. If so, press and hold it for about four or five seconds.

I only know about this because there is one in our van. I have no experience of gas systems so could be completely wrong.

mournemaid
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.07.2013  ·  #6
thanks mark.

Hubby had a look but there doesn't seem to be anything there. think we will give the guys in lisburn a ring as michelinman suggested

Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.07.2013  ·  #7
Sorry it didn't do the trick.
If you in that area you could try Simon at leisure technical solutions who is an advertiser on this forum.
He is based in Dromore Co. Down and does all the work on our Motorhome.

Try this link http://www.leisuretechnicalsolutions.co.uk/

mournemaid
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.07.2013  ·  #8
thanks.

drifter
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Hobby 690GFS
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD on an AL-KO chassis
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.07.2013  ·  #9
Since you have two appliances that are not working and it would be a coincidence if both went faulty at the same time it is likely to be a problem with the supply of gas to the appliances. I am guessing the regulator may have become gummed up and is stopping or restricting the gas flow.

I had that problem at my home a few months back. The gas installer guy was not going to get to me for two days so I bought a regulator for about €12 and fitted it myself. Did a leak test with soapy water to make sure no leaks.

Now whereas I would take on something like that for my home (the gas cylinder is outside) I would take my motorhome around to the local dealer.

It might be a good idea to get the whole gas system checked out while you're at it.

Best wishes :-)

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.