· 
Posted: 08.03.2013  ·  #1
DarrylWebb
Subject:

Re: Father Ted's House Burren County Clare Coordinates

· 
Posted: 10.07.2013  ·  #2
It's odd how cool it is to find 'Craggy Island Parochial House' :D

It's satisfying because there's no trading done on Father Ted out there. There are no signs, so you have to go looking for it yourself. I have to admit finding it was a highlight of our tour down to the South West. I'm afraid I was a bit like Father Dougal when he saw the caravan they'd be staying it : "There is it!!!!"

For those without sat-nav, look on a map for Kilnaboy, kinda NW of Shannon. Kilnaboy is a junction with a church - literally. You head up a minor road for about 5 miles and then you spot the house on the left.

Look over to the right and you'll see the same hill that was in the background when Ted, Dougal and Father Stone were playing crazy golf in a thunderstorm.

Nerd? Me? :D

Chevy g20
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.07.2013  ·  #3
down with that sort of thing!!!!!!!

Great show, I still have 2 episodes to watch but have seen the others numerous times. Keeping for a special occasion

Viktor
Full Member - Likes the Underworld film series
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.07.2013  ·  #4
Been down South this week. I found out that the house is now open for tea and coffee with a selection of organic home made scones and cakes. So I went and the owner Cheryl (and her husband) were very friendly and entertaining. You really need to ring in advance and book so they can expect numbers at times. I rang but couldn't get an answer at the time, so turned up only to find a large group there pre arranged. However Cheryl still welcomed me in, and the coffee, scones and cakes were great and I can highly recommend that you won't be disappointed. Cheryl just sat me at the table and said eat what you like. For 8 Euros it was great craic. I'll put up some photos for info shortly.

Bookings by Reservation - Cheryl and Pat McCormack Glanquin House (Craggy Island Parochial House) 00 353 87 921 4694

Blag
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: 1980 Coachmen Leprechaun
Base Vehicle: GMC G35 Vandura. 6.7 Litre Chevy V8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.07.2013  ·  #5
Quote by Viktor

Been down South this week. I found out that the house is now open for tea and coffee with a selection of organic home made scones and cakes. So I went and the owner Cheryl (and her husband) were very friendly and entertaining. You really need to ring in advance and book so they can expect numbers at times. I rang but couldn't get an answer at the time, so turned up only to find a large group there pre arranged. However Cheryl still welcomed me in, and the coffee, scones and cakes were great and I can highly recommend that you won't be disappointed. Cheryl just sat me at the table and said eat what you like. For 8 Euros it was great craic. I'll put up some photos for info shortly.

Bookings by Reservation - Cheryl and Pat McCormack Glanquin House (Craggy Island Parochial House) 00 353 87 921 4694

Does Sheryl say, "Ah.... go on, go on, go on..." when she tops up your cop of tea?

:lol:

Viktor
Full Member - Likes the Underworld film series
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.07.2013  ·  #6
Lol. Her daughter (now 17) starred in one of the episodes as 'the baby left at the front door'!

The interior rooms were fictionally recreated in the studio and the layout was nothing like the real inside as you can see here.
You must be logged in or your permissions are to low to see this Attachment(s).

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.