Is there a way around it?

Ngodima
My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis I 588 2014
Base Vehicle: Fiat 150 manual
Subject:

CVRT due whilst abroad

· 
Posted: 19.03.2023  ·  #1
Has anyone in ROI dealt with this Issue? It's pretty unreasonable to expect folk to plan around a CVRT due date and/or to get back from the continent to get it done. I understand insurance cover is an issue without a valid CVRT.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

CVRT due whilst abroad

· 
Posted: 19.03.2023  ·  #2
Quote by Ngodima

Has anyone in ROI dealt with this Issue? It's pretty unreasonable to expect folk to plan around a CVRT due date and/or to get back from the continent to get it done. I understand insurance cover is an issue without a valid CVRT.

Its typical RSA bulks**t. ( irish government)
Book it to be done before you go.?

Liked by: eirebus

Flipperdipper
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: HOBBY 600
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

Re: CVRT due whilst abroad

· 
Posted: 19.03.2023  ·  #3
I'll have the same problem so I rang my regular DOE test centre and they said I could get it 30 days in advance or I could bring it in anytime and I'd get a cert valid for 12 months from that date. The only drawback is if I bring it in earlier than 30 days I'll loose whatever months are remaining on my current cert.
Separate issue, has anyone had any problems with the NCT test ? An aunt of mine had to wait nearly six months for her test despite applying in plenty of time. She passed the test last week but they only gave her a cert for six months. I thought the cert should be valid for 12 months. Another government scam????

Liked by: sprinter

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

CVRT due whilst abroad

· 
Posted: 19.03.2023  ·  #4
If you're in the habit of going away for long periods, around the same time every year, it might be worth having a test done out of sequence to suit your requirements not the RSA's

Liked by: baguette

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

Re: CVRT due whilst abroad

· 
Posted: 19.03.2023  ·  #5
The 30 day rule is just another commercial vehicle rule applied to motorhomes. The RSA are treating us like commercially operated vehicles, which might do a quarter of a million kilometres in a year, instead of giving us the three months allowed to cars, which we actually do less kilometres than.
More RSA b@ll@cks.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.