Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Murcia, Spain …. Parking enforcement.

· 
Posted: 21.02.2023  ·  #1
Murcia as a region, are about to introduce a law that will prohibit any motorhome parking within 5KM of an official campsite or approved aire.
This has came about due to abuse of areas by motorhomers and mess and rubbish being discarded when they leave. Long overstayers seem to be the big problem.
Abuse the goodwill and we loose it, I’m sorry to say I support the decision of the authorities and in the same breath I despair at the amount of idiots who own motorhomes.
This decision was prompted by complaints by residents in Mazarrón and then from other regions. Mazarrón is beautiful, it will now effectively stop us from stopping one or two nights there as all the sites will be full and no parking outside these places will be permitted.

There was many lovely areas in and around the area, many of which we have stopped off at for a few days, these will all now be subject to no overnight laws.

Sad state of affairs but we reap what we sow…. idiots as shown below should have their vehicles seized and destroyed. They seem to have no idea of the excepted protocol and common sense decency required when using such an ‘aire’ facility. Morons.

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

Re: Murcia, Spain …. Parking enforcement.

· 
Posted: 21.02.2023  ·  #2
We've stayed in Mazarrón many times, but due to the demand for places in campsites and Motorhome Parks you now need for someone to die before an overwinter spot becomes available.
I read in a recent article that currently Spain is only providing about 50% of the required spaces during the winter period, which is only going to get worse as more from northern Europe head south to escape from the high heating energy bills.
Camping Playa de Mazarrón and the new Camper Park in Mazarrón are now nearly impossible to get into for the winter months as 'regulars' rebook year on year.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Murcia, Spain …. Parking enforcement.

· 
Posted: 21.02.2023  ·  #3
When you see That, straight away you have to think, what are they doing with their effluent.?

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.02.2023  ·  #4
Unfortunately the writing was on the wall. It was only a matter of time. Some of the park up areas we have passed over the years look like communes.

I remember being on playa La Carolina once and seeing MHs more set up with outside equipment than you would normally see on a campsite. I then saw a panel van with the tailgate open exposing the mattress and I thought to myself ok that’s sleeping sorted but what about a toilet. About 30 minutes later a “lady” left the van walked about 15m past the front of my van, pulled her leggings down, squat, pee, wipe with wet wipe and leave the wet wipe on the ground.

As Colin has highlighted the popular locations have more potential customers than pitches. Where are the displaced campers going to go? In land is an option but inland is often not as scenic and up in the hills which tend to be colder.

The philosophy of if it is full move on only works if there are alternatives. Spain provides so much already but there is a need for more.

Three big campsites will close this year to be replaced with apartments, other businesses including one I have stayed At before at Torre de Mar.

I don’t know the solution but I do have a plan!

Liked by: JJF, ROBANDSUE, sprinter

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.02.2023  ·  #5
Quote by JJF

I’m sorry to say I support the decision of the authorities and in the same breath I despair at the amount of idiots who own motorhomes.

This.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.02.2023  ·  #6
Quote by sprinter

When you see That, straight away you have to think, what are they doing with their effluent.?

With the brain's they have, probably drinking it 🙄

Liked by: sprinter

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: EuraMobil
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.02.2023  ·  #7
I wish I could take a step back 35 years to when we first went to Spain /Portugal, very few restrictions,communes etc. Our first stop in Portugal was at Quarteria where we parked on the sea front with a couple of hotels and shops. We flew out a couple of years ago and hired a car. It was totally changed,just hotel deep from the seafront. You can't blame the authorities for taking a stricter stance but it is up to them to provide places for visitors

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.02.2023  ·  #8
As has been said many times both at home and on the continent, there are too many Motorhomers with the attitude that everything must be free or at a price that the owner never stands a chance of making a profit.
Where are the investors going to come from to provide a service to that group of people?

Liked by: JJF, sprinter, voyager

relay racer
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: van conversion
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.02.2023  ·  #9
YouTube ,vanlife ruining our parkups why,skip to 7.50 .our watch all ,an Irish lad ,only 11 mins

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.02.2023  ·  #10
Quote by relay racer

YouTube ,vanlife ruining our parkups why,skip to 7.50 .our watch all ,an Irish lad ,only 11 mins

You under the influence? 🤔🤣

Liked by: adria, relay racer

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.04.2023  ·  #11
Quote by relay racer

Seeing it more and more.

The vanlife groups can have 150k people in them.

petereire
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: autoquest 270
Base Vehicle: Talbot express
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.04.2023  ·  #12
yep that will do it, ruining it for everyone!

Liked by: Ally

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.