Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

French/German tour?

· 
Posted: 12.06.2013  ·  #1
Hi all Craicers!!!
Our yearly tour has come around again & we land on Cherbourg on 8th July & intend to turn left, dip our toes in the D-day landscape & we are open from there to travel for 27 nights, returning back to Cherbourg/Rosslaire & 3 days slow crawl up Ireland back to Doagh. A German couple we recently met in Cushendun encouraged us to go to Gemany. We love rivers, lakes, pretty villages, scenic drives, fresh produce markets, local wines etc. If the weather is good you cannot lose but we would like tips in the German direction please. Due to work (spit!) we won't be able to join MHC meets until late August (boke!)
Hopefully my guitar skills will be sharpened during the Euro tour
John & Emily

moomat
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Mercedes 709d
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: French/German tour?

· 
Posted: 13.06.2013  ·  #2
Hi,

We're heading that way shortly after you... I found this book >> http://www.wildswimming.co.uk/wild-swimming-france/ very useful for adding some must see sites to our trip.
In Germany the area around Lake Constance(Bodensee) is fantastic, some lovely well preserved towns.

If you're close enough a short trip to Switzerland could be interesting but make sure you stock up on supplies in Germany first, Switzerland ain't cheap.
Close to border with Germany is the Rhinefalls>>> http://www.rheinfall.ch/home
The pictures don't do it justice. It's well worth a visit with a lovely walk all around the falls and viewing platforms that bring you within inches of the falls.

Hope you have a great trip!

flans van
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: French/German tour?

· 
Posted: 13.06.2013  ·  #3
Thank you for the information ,sounds good.John

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.