sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Carlow

· 
Posted: 23.01.2023  ·  #1
I was in Carlow recently and had a look at a couple of carpark and wondered if anyone has ever used them?
Small parking area opposite the Garda station, Green Bank Road R417. 52.839952,-6.929821
Large carpark opposite the Town Park Footbridge and River dell Apartments.
Barrow Track Carpark, €3 a Day €0.60 per hour ( 8.30 to 18.30 Mon to Sat.)
52.838295,-6.933942.
I know about the Irish man pub, but it could be a little tight for a bigger M/H.

Sojim
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Eura Mobil
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

Re: Carlow

· 
Posted: 23.01.2023  ·  #2
As a motorhome owner resident in Carlow I observe with interest any visiting MH owners and where they park. There are no facilities for MH owners in Carlow town which is a shame. Occasionally throughout the fairer months a MH or two will park up in the above mentioned carparks but they risk being moved.
There is potential for development in all the above mentioned carparks and also in other areas within the town.
There is a huge opportunity for the local council to tap in to the MH community and develop a site such as "The Hub" in neighbouring Graiguenamanagh. A large derelict site at the rear of the town hall, beside the river Barrow and very close to town shops and restaurants and many more facilities would make an ideal Aire for MH owners wanting to spend a night or two in Carlow town. We live in hope🤞🤞

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.01.2023  ·  #3
a MH or two will park up in the above mentioned carparks but they risk being moved.? By who?
There are no signs to say you cannot overnight, and in one there is a driver instructor truck parked up?

Sojim
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.01.2023  ·  #4
Yes driver instructor lorry there most nights, garda station just across the road said lorry owner has permission to park there. I asked about camper vans and was told that the odd one ok to stay overnight but council afraid of encouraging 'undesirables'. Traffic warden on duty from 9am-5pm Mon-Sat. The more MH owners who come to Carlow for a night or two the better. Pressure needs to be put on Councils around the country to provide facilities for MH owners.

Liked by: eirebus, sprinter

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

Carlow

· 
Posted: 25.01.2023  ·  #5
Quote by Sojim

Yes driver instructor lorry there most nights, garda station just across the road said lorry owner has permission to park there. I asked about camper vans and was told that the odd one ok to stay overnight but council afraid of encouraging 'undesirables'. Traffic warden on duty from 9am-5pm Mon-Sat. The more MH owners who come to Carlow for a night or two the better. Pressure needs to be put on Councils around the country to provide facilities for MH owners.

Unfortunately Sonia, you can only put pressure on someone who cares,🤔 for the rest, until they have to prove and earn their position,nothing will change, 🚣‍♂️, most councils are simply Adult daycare centres for people who wouldn't be imployed in the real world and who's partners are delighted to get them out of the house, from under their feet, for a few hours. 👏

Sojim
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.01.2023  ·  #6
🤣🤣 good description of council officials!! However I'll keep the issue alive & keep the Motor Home issue to the fore of any

conversations I will with council officials going forward (they run the other way when they see me!)

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.