StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

Discounted fuel in Spain

· 
Posted: 08.12.2022  ·  #1
At the moment fuel is discounted by 20 cents a litre on the advertised price, although repsol for example discount by 25cents. This is due to end at the end of December but it has been extended twice before so the discounted period could be extended again.

I found a little confusing initially as the pump shows the pre discount price and at the til the cashier has to apply the discount then you can pay.

This was ok at manned garages but at the unmanned ones if you selected say €30 of diesel it gave you more than €30 of diesel at the advertised price as it passed on the discount. If you just filled up without selecting a € amount the pump would show you how many litres you had had and the price excluding discount but when you checked your bank balance then you’d see the 20c discount per ltr.

I’m going back in January so I hope the discount is extended again and at least this time I’ll understand the process better.

Liked by: sprinter

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Discounted fuel in Spain

· 
Posted: 08.12.2022  ·  #2
Yes, been getting the discount as we travelled down. Some as low as €1.74/litre less €0.20/litre so €1.54.
Redpoll tends to be slightly more expensive but their €0.25/litre discount makes up for it.

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.12.2022  ·  #3
Quote by JJF

Yes, been getting the discount as we travelled down. Some as low as €1.74/litre less €0.20/litre so €1.54.
Redpoll tends to be slightly more expensive but their €0.25/litre discount makes up for it.

My local garage in Kilrush has diesel at €1.72 now it was over €2.00 when I left in September so fuel prices appear to be dropping.

Liked by: sprinter

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.12.2022  ·  #4
Looking at the advertised current prices here, nett of the 20 cents, versus the pre-war prices it does look like the 20 cents and more have been absorbed into the oil company's and service station owner's profits.
Grossing the current prices up to include the 20 cents they look like €2.05 /ltr or thereabouts.
Last January the price at the pump was about €1.66/ltr and the price of a barrel of Brent Crude was about the same price as it is today.
The Spanish system of giving visible discount make profit-taking, if it were to happen, very obvious.

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.12.2022  ·  #5

Price beside us tonight… less the 0.20c litre.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.