StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

Great to have plans.

· 
Posted: 22.10.2022  ·  #1
So earlier this week I was at camping Perlora near Gijon in 27 degrees and full on sun. I was planning on heading to Galicia and then round into Northern Portugal. But no the weather looked dodgy, so headed due south to Valencia de Don Juan (Aire free nice town and the Aire has been improved since last stay) headed this morning towards Salamanca but decided to keep going to caceres campsite (€18 per night with acsi, each pitch has there own shower toilet etc) nice site. Was then planning to go to Portugal next but have decided to go to el puerto Santa Maria instead. Fuel here is discounted by 25c at the moment inc auto gas/lpg but diesel is over €2 a litre without discount.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

Re: Great to have plans.

· 
Posted: 22.10.2022  ·  #2
Is it easy to get into campsites or are you booking ahead Jamie

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.10.2022  ·  #3
Quote by eirebus

Is it easy to get into campsites or are you booking ahead Jamie

I’ve only been to two I didn’t book either but both had loads of space, still early for the snowbirds.

Liked by: eirebus, sprinter

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.11.2022  ·  #4
So after a very warm and noisy week at El Puerto de Santa Maria we moved on. Oh btw those Spanish kids do Halloween big time and they only have one volume setting 11!!!
Went to an Aire at gibraleon yesterday, got told off by a local for washing my van in the Aire, I was wiping some flies off the windscreen but I can see his point. He should have seen some of the other Aire users, inc one that stopped on the service point for 50 minutes, emptied 2 cassettes and filled up about 300 litres of water before heading off again.
Now I’m in Portugal inland a bit at a new Aire Liveonwheels €12 inc ehu, showers €1. Nice set up temperature bearable 26 degrees which is about my maximum. Lost 2 hours or gained two in the last few days so beer o clock will still be at BST. Diesel is €2.05 on the service station I passed.
Few days here, then camping Albufeira.

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.11.2022  ·  #5
Have you two topics running?

forum/topic.php?t=25042

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.11.2022  ·  #6
Quote by Ally

Have you two topics running?

forum/topic.php?t=25042

Yes sorry, if you want to merge them feel free. Or delete one or both.
This topic started by me changing my plans.

Liked by: Ally

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.11.2022  ·  #7
No its grand, was just wondering in case you misplaced the other :)

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.11.2022  ·  #8
We spent a pleasant few days at camping Albufeira I think it was €16.80 per night inc ehu. Decided then to head to the campsite in Alvor as the Aire is no more and wild camping is risky. We got to campsite early on a Wednesday and we’re advised to have a look around and let them know which pitch we wanted. Spent a good while looking but no pitch would be ok for our medium size MH (7.5m) there were some nice pitches but all occupied. So we went to zambujeira another site we have used and like but the 3G /4/5 signal was poor and as we needed to tether our phone to watch the f1 we headed off to a Dutch owned site serro da bica, inland (Acsi €18 note limit of 4 kWh per 24 hours, nice site nice walks only to find Sunday morning is shooting day which upset our dog to we moved again to a municipal site at Castro verde, not sure how much it is but we stayed 3/4/5 years ago and it was €10.50 per night. And full strength 4g and a great Grand Prix. Also the cheapest laundry on site €2.50 per wash €1 is 30 minutes in the dryer. Diesel at the intermarche €1.82 and it has Lpg. Staying here for a couple of days and then heading north.
Weather has been amazing so far.

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.11.2022  ·  #9
So we moved on from Portugal and crossed into Spain and stayed on the Aire at badajoz, the Aire is very busy, spaces are on the small side. The reviews state it can be noisy but we stayed on a Thursday and it was quiet enough, nice river walks.
Then we headed to the hills Camperstop Alegria, Dutch owned and was set up in 2021 with the help of a €78000 grant from Montanchez town. Again some great walks all around and the town is nice. It was €12.50 without ehu and extra €5 with, showers €1 for 5 minutes. Next we went to caceres nature another Aire, €10 without ehu €14 with, showers again €1 for 5 minutes. Nice set up.
Having stayed on a campsite in Salamanca before we chose a different one this time, it was equally as bad €20 all in. Let’s just say we will by pass Salamanca in future. Now I’m at the campsite in Burgos €22 per night acsi rate. Reception very helpful and booked us in with the vet for the pet passport. The campsite is tired and long overdue a refurbishment but the location is great. Next stop the Aire in Bilbao for one night for the ferry back if it’s on time on Sunday.

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.11.2022  ·  #10
A handy spot for the first or last night is Area de Autocaravanas Suances. Note, it's in the town of Palencia, not the town of Suances which is on the coast near Santander
It's free if you buy fuel in the service station across the road, there is also EHU, services, and high van washing available.
We stayed there last January in -5°c, the ehu was very welcome.

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.11.2022  ·  #11
Quote by baguette

A handy spot for the first or last night is Area de Autocaravanas Suances. Note, it's in the town of Palencia, not the town of Suances which is on the coast near Santander
It's free if you buy fuel in the service station across the road, there is also EHU, services, and high van washing available.
We stayed there last January in -5°c, the ehu was very welcome.

Thanks I did read the reviews (very positive) on Campercontact and it’s one we shall probably use in the future.

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.11.2022  ·  #12
Ferry left late, 1 hour, then arrived at Rosslare 2 hours earlier than we expected 2 pm it was meant to be 3pm but we were waiting to get off the boat for 50 minutes so we finally left the port at 14.55. The Salamanca is a huge improvement on the Connemara. Pet friendly cabin next to a decent size pet exercise area. Tv in the room with movies on demand, uk plugs and usb sockets, dinner (very nice) included in the ticket price.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.