relay racer
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: van conversion
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Chausson welcome on an 06 2.2 Ducato thoughts please

· 
Posted: 18.10.2022  ·  #1
well lads ,I've been looking at something with more berths and travel seats for a while but on a bit of a budget with this recession just around the corner and I've been looking at this sort of van , its older than id like but its spotless with 45 thousand miles , i know there's a good few on here that have this van maybe not with a Chausson on top, also any thought on Chausson build quality ,it's the cleanest one I've seen ,were in a pvc at the minute so don't have knowledge on all things motor homey, thanks in advance

Liked by: sprinter

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

Re: Chausson welcome on an 06 2.2 Ducato thoughts please

· 
Posted: 20.10.2022  ·  #2
I have no knowledge of the model or layout but when I have been looking the Chausson brand always seemed well put together and def not a budget brand.

Just remember with all motorhomes, check for damp or even get camper medic to give it a once over before purchase, money well spent

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.10.2022  ·  #3
Quote by relay racer

well lads ,I've been looking at something with more berths and travel seats for a while but on a bit of a budget with this recession just around the corner and I've been looking at this sort of van , its older than id like but its spotless with 45 thousand miles , i know there's a good few on here that have this van maybe not with a Chausson on top, also any thought on Chausson build quality ,it's the cleanest one I've seen ,were in a pvc at the minute so don't have knowledge on all things motor homey, thanks in advance

Jason, what number welcome is it, a 9,27,28, 85.etc, how many beds?

relay racer
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: van conversion
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.10.2022  ·  #4
welcome 9, martin, fixed french bed, ,4 berth 4belts, in a dealers, in a 6 meter van .

Liked by: sprinter

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.10.2022  ·  #5
Quote by relay racer

welcome 9, martin, fixed french bed, ,4 berth 4belts, in a dealers, in a 6 meter van .

There are a nice M/H Jason, I looked at one myself when I was changing, the only thing I was concerned about, was the weight at 3400kg, was there enough payload.?

Liked by: relay racer

Hymer544
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: VW Crafter
Base Vehicle: VW Crafter 2.5tdi
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.10.2022  ·  #6
Ive had very bad experience with the 2.2 engine that this sounds like. In a citroen and a ford. If it is the Hdi common rail injector version id stay well clear. Both had premature injector failure on an 03 citroen and an 04 ford and both cases needed new engine (sounds very unluck I know - one was on my daily driver and the other a moho and it was 3 years apart. Id do a bit of homework on engine choice over habitation equipment any day, as the latter is easy fixed compared to engine issues.

Liked by: relay racer

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.