mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Halfords Leisure batteries

· 
Posted: 03.07.2022  ·  #41
The insurance Disc will do Halfords to give the discount I have heard in the past

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.07.2022  ·  #42
Quote by eirebus

I've had 2x HLB 700 s for the last 3 years with no problems and would buy again although I am thinking of lithium for the next change

What are using to charge your HLBs Dave? An Elektroblok? My 8A Maypole charger isn't up to the job. The day I installed the batteries, it was nice and sunny so the solar charger was dumping about 5 amps into the batteries for most of the day. I put them on mains charge the following day. I go by what the Maypole says is the state of charge, which it reported to be 85%.

It won't charge them beyond 95% so I need to look at sourcing a new charger. You would think it would eventually charge them but the Maypole is rated for 185 Ah capacity.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.07.2022  ·  #43
Quote by The Rambler

Quote by eirebus

I've had 2x HLB 700 s for the last 3 years with no problems and would buy again although I am thinking of lithium for the next change

What are using to charge your HLBs Dave? An Elektroblok? My 8A Maypole charger isn't up to the job. The day I installed the batteries, it was nice and sunny so the solar charger was dumping about 5 amps into the batteries for most of the day. I put them on mains charge the following day. I go by what the Maypole says is the state of charge, which it reported to be 85%.

It won't charge them beyond 95% so I need to look at sourcing a new charger. You would think it would eventually charge them but the Maypole is rated for 185 Ah capacity.

I have an Electroblock and solar,I changed to an MPPT controller and it's doing a much better job at charging management, I only plug in,in Dec, Jan Feb when I'm away, otherwise all solar charging

Liked by: The Rambler

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.07.2022  ·  #44
I think my modest 100 Watt panel + PWM controller would probably struggle too for most of the year to keep a 200 Ah bank fully topped up.

I could increase the solar and/ or go MPPT but I think I’d rather get a mains charger up to the job first. The Victron 15A chargers look good.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Halfords Leisure batteries

· 
Posted: 17.07.2022  ·  #45
Quote by The Rambler

I think my modest 100 Watt panel + PWM controller would probably struggle too for most of the year to keep a 200 Ah bank fully topped up.

I could increase the solar and/ or go MPPT but I think I’d rather get a mains charger up to the job first. The Victron 15A chargers look good.

Which one are you looking at? I have one and it's brilliant, but 310 watt solar was €50 cheeper.

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.07.2022  ·  #46
Quote by sprinter

Quote by The Rambler

Which one are you looking at? I have one and it's brilliant, but 310 watt solar was €50 cheeper.

IP22. Pricey enough. Anything over 10 Amps is. link

fork
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Globetrotter
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.10.2022  ·  #47
Have any of you set up a charging profile for the halfords batteries on your mppt controller or used one of the preset charging profiles.
I've just added a victron 100/30 mppt controller to the van and i'm want to make sure that i'm using it right

fork
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Globetrotter
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.10.2022  ·  #48
Just did a bit more research and the number 2 default setting looks ok as a starting point.

Liked by: The Rambler

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.