StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

In line KWh meter

· 
Posted: 17.09.2022  ·  #1
I have just bought a couple of these to test. We are sleeping in the van at the moment overnight whilst decorating in the house. I’m using about 4 kWh of electricity every 24 hrs. Only thing using electricity is the fridge freezer and 2 phones on charge overnight. I’ll take one to Spain a measure my average use when I’m using the van normally and plugging in a few different things. I might end up with one per ehu point for next season.

https://www.eibmarkt.com/ie/pr…rDEALw_wcB

Liked by: johnnymac

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: In line KWh meter

· 
Posted: 17.09.2022  ·  #2
Jamie, if you have a trip for each pitch on your campsite in your reception area (or at the pitch if not) you can simply add a DIN rail voltage/amp/kw.hr meter. Inexpensive and will tell you exactly what each point is using. Can be reset back to zero each time too. Fits into a standard consumer board.
Leaves you with the ability to monitor use per pitch, charge for overuse or charge for use in general. As energy costs rise it will be even more useful.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/KETOT…8347548529

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.09.2022  ·  #3
Quote by StrandcampingDoonbeg

I have just bought a couple of these to test. We are sleeping in the van at the moment overnight whilst decorating in the house. I’m using about 4 kWh of electricity every 24 hrs. Only thing using electricity is the fridge freezer and 2 phones on charge overnight. I’ll take one to Spain a measure my average use when I’m using the van normally and plugging in a few different things. I might end up with one per ehu point for next season.

Approximately €1.50 worth of power

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.09.2022  ·  #4
Thank you for this Jon. I’ll speak to an electrician I use and run this by him. On my main fuse board in reception one rcd covers in some cases more than one ehu point. And like wise I have got a couple on the ehu point where if the rcd trips it takes off two pitches supply.
Sounds like a a great deal cheaper and easier than what I was looking at.

Thank you

Liked by: eirebus

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.09.2022  ·  #5
Quote by eirebus

Quote by StrandcampingDoonbeg

Approximately €1.50 worth of power

€1.60 plus vat I’m on 40c a kWh on the campsite. Much cheaper in my house but electric Ireland charge more for commercial 3 phase electricity. And prices at set to increase again as is the vat rate.

Liked by: eirebus

Albert the Talbot
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Pilote Galaxy 92
Base Vehicle: Sprinter
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.09.2022  ·  #6
Jamie on my trip to Spain in the spring most ACSI sites allowed 4kw per day included. And like you just the fridge and charging iPhones and iPads I usually had to pay a very small sum for the extra I used. Certainly never any more than €2-3. So your on the right track and stops the idiots with electric heaters in the awning whilst in the pub!

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.09.2022  ·  #7
raglanroad
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Burstner Campeo 600 pop top
Base Vehicle: 2020 ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.09.2022  ·  #8
Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.